• 40(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
(2016-03-04, 21:19)Hello63 Wrote: Can anyone provide help, when I launch a website using Chrome Launcher, the website opens, but then closes at 4-5 seconds and Kodi is back on the screen. The website is still running in the background. I don't think I need the Open Box windows manager as everything else (size, etc.) is working fine, but the chrome window is going behind Kodi.

Kodi 16
Windows 10

Figured it out, had recently installed Advanced Launcher and didn't realize it had a Kodi focus function that put the focus back on Kodi after 10sec. Turned focus off, now it will stay on background process when I switch to them. Kodi is right behind them once I close the other window.
I tried adding a homepage launcher to the main menu. It launches Chrome fine, but the launcher opens up a sub-folder instead of staying on the main menu. Is this normal behavior? I would very much prefer to simply launch Chrome, close Chrome, and return directly to the Kodi menu.

No feedback?
Hi all,

I read the 40 pages and i'm still unable to execute chromium on KODI
I have got the last version of raspbian and i've installed KODI 16. I used the script found here and i used the file given in post#80. it seems that chromium is executed but in background. Nothing is displayed from KODI. It works when i execute the my script in raspbian!

Do you have any ideas to provide me with?
(2015-10-25, 13:14)masinad Wrote: I'm using ubuntu 15.04 headless server and when I go youtube leanback mode, then I can hear menu sounds, but when I select video id does not load and keeps buffering. If I add youtube.com to script and view in there, then there is sound and every other website works fine. can some1 help me out to get sound to youtube leanback mode?

If I remove asound.conf then video will start but whit no sound.

The problem seems to be in asound.conf but I dont know, because in other webistes eg. Vimeo couchmode there is sound and all the other sites. only yt leanback does not work, just keeps loading..

(2016-03-03, 18:51)subrah519 Wrote: Im having trouble with Youtube Leanback, it launches beautifully, but the video won't play - It just buffers and won't start playing! Any thoughts?

I'm having nearly the same exact problem and I believe it's somehow related to a combination of sound and the leanback mode of youtube.
running kodibuntu 14.04 with Jarvis 16.0 and google-chrome (not chromium)

* opening chrome launcher to vimeo couchmode works
* opening chrome launcher to normal youtube works
* opening chrome launcher to youtube/leanback results in navigation sounds, but when I select a video, it acts as if its buffering permanently. If I turn gui sounds on in system->settings->audio, then youtube/leanback mode makes no navigation sounds but videos play (without sound)
* when I log out of kodi and login to the lubuntu session, running the exact same chrome binary handles both normal youtube and youtube/leanback just fine (with sound).

What's so special about leanback mode that would cause this behavior?

in kodi.log I'm seeing a message like this for most websites I try opening
Code:
ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?kiosk=yes&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fleanback
ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?kiosk=yes&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fleanback) failed

This likely explains why I have to turn gui sounds off inside settings -> audio to get sound within chrome launcher. This is in addition to turning off "keep audio device alive".

Any suggestions on the errors in the log? If those can be resolved so that stopPlayback=yes takes effect, gui sounds should not have to be turned off globally via settings.

thanks
I installed chromium, installed openbox, installed xorg, but xorg is not executed in the system.
How you execute xorg to start openbox in it?

I tried to change the script to execute xinit /usr/bin/openbox -- :1 in the script, but I get this error:

Apr 17 22:32:41 alarmpi kodi-standalone[283]: (EE) xf86OpenConsole: Cannot open virtual console 7 (Permission denied)
I'm having trouble configuring this addon at WINDOWS. i have chrome installed to an unusual directory ("D:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome" instead of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome"), and when i launch some site, a popup shows up saying that chrome was not located.

The custom path option on the settings doesn't allow me to go to that folder, only to kodi's addon folder, so i tried to create a shortcut and use it's location on that option, no results...

Also, i've noticed that there's a "script.sh" file at the addon folder, but it appears that it's configured to use with linux, not windows... i tried anyway to change the default text to something more "windows like", but it didn't work too...

---------------------------------
script.sh content (i tried with quotation marks on the path too, but it didn't work as well):
#!/bin/bash
openbox &
D:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe "$@"
kill %1

Kodi partial log: http://pastebin.com/jxfukUaD

Does anyone know how to configure it on windows?
So I have just installed Kodibuntu on my HTPC, have upgraded Kodi and the distro as per the Kodi wiki instructions .

I have also followed the instructions for chrome launcher on http://www.flaterco.com/kb/KodiChrome.html.

Yet I still can't get chrome launcher to work in full screen.

Can someone please clarify what I am doing wrong ?

I am unsure about the chmod 755 line, as in how to make the script executable.
Hello...

As i can see, sound and chrome is an issue...
But does anyone of you have a fix for my issue?
I have never sound on the first start, if i do a restart of Kodi, i have always sound...
Which is pretty frustrating/weird, because what is different after a fresh start and the reboot?!
I followed this instructions: http://www.flaterco.com/kb/KodiChrome.html
But i dont know, how to determine the plughw:x,y values...

Thx in advance for any hint...

Fix for: no sound in Chrome

In System → Settings → System → Audio output, set "Keep audio device alive" to Off.
If necessary, hardcode the correct Alsa device by adding --alsa-output-device=plughw:x,y to the chrome command line in script.sh (substituting the right numbers for x and y).
Have you applied the correct right to the script?
Have you pointed to the right script in the addon setup?!
Have you set the correct resolution int he script?!
Can someone help me with adding fanart to newly created urls? I dont know what to enter and have tried, I've been in another thread reading to try and see if I can edit the default.py, but without success.

I've created alot of fanart for urls i plan on adding but dont know where to add the strings of info. If I add some info below for a stream would someone be kind enough to add it to a default.py for me? i hope it wouldnt be too much to ask.

planned name of url - Golf Channel
url - (partly made up for example reasons- http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/golfhd1234
fanart name - golf.png (i assume i add it in the same folder as the youtube and vimeo pngs)

is it possible with this tiny amount of info that someone could help. Then from there i could learn and understand it.

I would be very very grateful. thanks alot and great program addon btw
(2016-03-09, 17:32)Bedwyr Wrote: I tried adding a homepage launcher to the main menu. It launches Chrome fine, but the launcher opens up a sub-folder instead of staying on the main menu. Is this normal behavior? I would very much prefer to simply launch Chrome, close Chrome, and return directly to the Kodi menu.

No feedback?

I have the same question and if anyone has an answer that would be really helpful. It specifically opens the Program add-ons menu when it opens up Chrome in kiosk mode. Once you use Alt+F4, your left on the Program add-ons page. A simple backspace/back press takes you back to the Home Menu, but that kind of defeats the point of trying to create a slick user experience. It's not a huge deal, but if there's a way to jump straight to the Home Menu after closing Chrome that would be great.
(2016-06-03, 17:32)@danmar Wrote:
(2016-03-09, 17:32)Bedwyr Wrote: I tried adding a homepage launcher to the main menu. It launches Chrome fine, but the launcher opens up a sub-folder instead of staying on the main menu. Is this normal behavior? I would very much prefer to simply launch Chrome, close Chrome, and return directly to the Kodi menu.

No feedback?

I have the same question and if anyone has an answer that would be really helpful. It specifically opens the Program add-ons menu when it opens up Chrome in kiosk mode. Once you use Alt+F4, your left on the Program add-ons page. A simple backspace/back press takes you back to the Home Menu, but that kind of defeats the point of trying to create a slick user experience. It's not a huge deal, but if there's a way to jump straight to the Home Menu after closing Chrome that would be great.

I have a similar problem. I use chrome launcher to launch Netflix in Kodibuntu. If i autoboot into the lubuntu desktop and launch kodi from there I am able to switch applications (Kodi and Chrome) without an issue using the alt tab. However if I autoboot to Kodi then I am unable to switch from Chrome back to Kodi. Is there a workaround or is there an application i can use to autoboot kodi, without actually having Kodi checked to boot at startup??

Thanks
I suspect you don't have a window manager running when you boot straight to kodi.

You can add a line to open openbox or similar lightweight window manager to the script that starts chrome.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Could you give me a for dummies version.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
Hi, I have installed Chrome Launcher on my Windows 7 PC running Helix 14.2 beta. I am using the Aeon Nox skin. I use the Chrome Launcher to access Spotify.

The launcher works fine in that it will successfully open Chrome and Spotify will run well in full screen. However, if I run KODI in Full Screen mode (like I prefer to do), starting Chrome Launcher will crash KODI, and it will lock-up and not restart without a CTRL+ALT+DEL reset. If I run KODI in regular maximized, but not full screen, mode, KODI will not crash, and when I leave Chrome KODI will be ready in the background, still working.

Does someone know what causes this, and how to overcome it?

If not, is it possible to add a 'toggle screen' (or better yet a 'maximize') command somehow to the Chrome Launcher, to bring it out of full screen mode prior to starting Chrome?

Best regards
Christopher
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8