• 45(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
(2021-02-23, 14:38)debennett2 Wrote:
(2021-02-23, 03:51)melons2 Wrote:
(2021-02-22, 16:22)metalguy Wrote: Browser Launcher doesn't work either.  Any options to get Chrome Launcher or Browser Launcher to work.  Perhaps a workaround?
I am using browser launcher in Matrix v.19 right now!
It does work. I have Browser Launcher version 1.2.5+matrix.1

It doesn't allow for the useragent string, right? Additionally, it doesn't allow for control (i.e. navigation and exiting), does it?
I got the useragent string working with Brower Launcher on Matrix. I went to the Browser Launcher "default.py" file in its addons folder and added the --user-agent="blahBlahBlah" string to the "bExtra = [" line after all the other "--" commands there. What was weird is that kiosk mode stopped working. I think Chrome expects --kiosk to be called before the --user-agent string, so I also added --kiosk to the commands list between "--no-first-run" and "--user-agent" and that made kiosk work. Of course, that is going to make EVERY page open in kiosk mode with Chrome, which works for me, at least.
(2021-02-24, 17:28)Sergio526 Wrote:
(2021-02-24, 15:44)metalguy Wrote:
(2021-02-23, 03:51)melons2 Wrote: I am using browser launcher in Matrix v.19 right now!

i tried downloading this one: 
https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/raw/m...-1.2.5.zip

and when I try to install it, it tells me that "dependency on xmbc.python 2.1.0 could not be satisfied"... is that the right file?
That's the pre-19 one. You need this one: https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/blob/...trix.1.zip
thanks so much!... that worked... I have something to play with for the next little while. Smile
(2021-02-24, 04:21)sabalon Wrote:
(2021-02-23, 03:51)melons2 Wrote:
(2021-02-22, 16:22)metalguy Wrote: Browser Launcher doesn't work either.  Any options to get Chrome Launcher or Browser Launcher to work.  Perhaps a workaround?
I am using browser launcher in Matrix v.19 right now!
I'm feeling really dense right now.  I installed the repo, added Browser Launcher, setup an entry for netflix, and everytime I click on it in the menu, it just takes me to the configuration options for the Browser Launcher add-in.  1.2.5+matrix.1 on v19.0
Weird.  I'm sure I'm missing something obvious (other than sleep!)
The obvious thing I was missing in my case - an running it on Linux, not Windows.   Paths in the ~/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.browser.launcher/default.py are for Windows - c:\program files....
Changed the chrome one to my path (/usr/bin/google-chrome) and voila.    Small details...didn't see that documented anywhere.
(2021-02-25, 05:28)sabalon Wrote:
(2021-02-23, 03:51)melons2 Wrote: I am using browser launcher in Matrix v.19 right now!
I'm feeling really dense right now.  I installed the repo, added Browser Launcher, setup an entry for netflix, and everytime I click on it in the menu, it just takes me to the configuration options for the Browser Launcher add-in.  1.2.5+matrix.1 on v19.0
The obvious thing I was missing in my case - an running it on Linux, not Windows.   Paths in the ~/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.browser.launcher/default.py are for Windows - c:\program files....
Changed the chrome one to my path (/usr/bin/google-chrome) and voila.    Small details...didn't see that documented anywhere.

God bless you!! I've been strugglig for hours until I found this.... thanks a lot!
(2021-03-21, 02:21)thematy Wrote:
(2021-02-24, 04:21)sabalon Wrote: I'm feeling really dense right now.  I installed the repo, added Browser Launcher, setup an entry for netflix, and everytime I click on it in the menu, it just takes me to the configuration options for the Browser Launcher add-in.  1.2.5+matrix.1 on v19.0

God bless you!! I've been strugglig for hours until I found this.... thanks a lot!

Maybe one of you guys can help, I hope. I'm trying to get this working (Windows) and can't seem to find a way to change the useragent in Chrome (as to emulate a smart tv being used rather than Windows). Anyone have pointers?

Nevermind: Sorry, I read Sergio's tip above (thank you, Sergio), however, now I'm trying to get Chrome to launch in the foreground as it's not. Any tips there?
(2021-03-21, 14:31)debennett2 Wrote:
(2021-03-21, 02:21)thematy Wrote:
(2021-02-25, 05:28)sabalon Wrote: The obvious thing I was missing in my case - an running it on Linux, not Windows.   Paths in the ~/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.browser.launcher/default.py are for Windows - c:\program files....

Maybe one of you guys can help, I hope. I'm trying to get this working (Windows) and can't seem to find a way to change the useragent in Chrome (as to emulate a smart tv being used rather than Windows). Anyone have pointers?

Nevermind: Sorry, I read Sergio's tip above (thank you, Sergio), however, now I'm trying to get Chrome to launch in the foreground as it's not. Any tips there?
Weird, I haven't seen Chrome open in the background before. I know there are some utilities like DeskPins and TurboTop that will always put a certain program on top of others. Maybe that will work for you?
(2019-01-17, 17:40)mo123 Wrote: I found an updated addon that works on Android.

https://mega.nz/#!9IlyiY7B!o4SHsHY8JdsvN...C2M95zi9n8

- Spanish translation
- French translation
- Finnish translation
- Bring launched chrome to foreground
- Code cleanups
- Initial support for Android
- translation file format from xml to po
- Removed proxy
- Added ability to use thumb as fanart

If someone knows how to make Chrome on Android run in Fullscreen, not showing the top address bar, please let me know.
Chrome on Android does go fullscreen but only if you scroll down on a site, it's not actual fullscreen or kiosk mode.
On a PC you can press F11 for fullscreen.

Perhaps the Chrome browser part in the addon code can be changed so you can use a different browser like Firefox that can go fullscreen?
Also a useful feature would be for Chrome to use 'Desktop mode' to display sites.
I found this but you have to be rooted on Android, hope someone can find a non rooted way to always use 'Desktop mode'.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr...st29684848
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...s.ChromeUA

I'm trying to figure this out how to launch in kiosk mode too! Seems like trying to figure out what Chrome is doing when it Adds to Home screen isn't straight forward! This guy has done it but it's beyond my skills:
https://www.creationfactory.co/2020/04/b...om_27.html
I tried this but it still does not start the browser (/usr/bin/firefox in my case) after some debugging the problem is the following: 
Error: no DISPLAY environment variable specified
(2021-07-04, 23:34)dave76 Wrote:
(2021-02-24, 04:21)sabalon Wrote: I'm feeling really dense right now.  I installed the repo, added Browser Launcher, setup an entry for netflix, and everytime I click on it in the menu, it just takes me to the configuration options for the Browser Launcher add-in.  1.2.5+matrix.1 on v19.0
I tried this but it still does not start the browser (/usr/bin/firefox in my case) after some debugging the problem is the following: 
Error: no DISPLAY environment variable specified

I too am having no luck getting this browser launcher to work on Linux with Firefox. I've just spent an hour trying to figure it out and seems nobody is having my problem.

This is about all I could find in the log (unless I'm overlooking something).
Quote:2021-07-29 02:39:10.900 T:114      INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(23, /home/username/.var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data/addons/plugin.program.browser.launcher/default.py): script successfully run
2021-07-29 02:39:11.068 T:114   WARNING <general>: CPythonInvoker(23, /home/username/.var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data/addons/plugin.program.browser.launcher/default.py): the python script "/home/username/.var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data/addons/plugin.program.browser.launcher/default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE,N9XBMCAddon7xbmcgui6DialogE
2021-07-29 02:39:11.068 T:114      INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
2021-07-29 02:39:11.083 T:8       ERROR <general>: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.program.browser.launcher/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgoogle.com&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=no&kiosk=yes&custBrowser=3&userAgent=]
I didn't know this addon even existed. It works great on Matrix.
Has anyone got this working on LibreELEC? I can only get it running on Windows.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-09-01, 15:43)shedrock Wrote: Has anyone got this working on LibreELEC? I can only get it running on Windows.

Regards,

Shedrock

Hi, it works on my libreelec 10.0 on x86. After installing the chrome addon (and setting the Locale addon to make it work), I downloaded the matrix version [here](https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/tree/...r.launcher). In the options, I selected the chrome webbrowser, and set the browser/script path to special://home/addons/browser.chrome/bin/chrome-start
(2021-09-05, 17:42)alexbelgium Wrote: Locale addon
What is the "Locale Addon"?
This is my settings.xml file:

php:

<settings version="2">
    <setting id="winBrowser">2</setting>
    <setting id="useCustomPath">true</setting>
    <setting id="customPath">special://home/addons/browser.chrome/bin/chrome-start</setting>
    <setting id="useOwnProfile" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="priority">4</setting>
</settings>

and my web link is:

php:
title=americanvoice
url=https://americasvoice.news
thumb=DefaultFolder.png
stopPlayback=no
kiosk=no
userAgent=

I can only use Standard as my browser when setting up a site. Also, I can access the site, but I don't get audio.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-09-05, 19:44)shedrock Wrote:

Regards,

Shedrock

There is a bug on some versions of libreelec that prevents chrome from launching. If the chrome addon is installed but it doesn't launch, you just need to search "locale" in the addons list. It should be in libreelec repo I think. This allows setting the norm of the system to utf8, which I think is a prerequisite for Libreelec's chrome addon
(2021-09-05, 19:44)shedrock Wrote:
This is my settings.xml file:

php:

<settings version="2">
    <setting id="winBrowser">2</setting>
    <setting id="useCustomPath">true</setting>
    <setting id="customPath">special://home/addons/browser.chrome/bin/chrome-start</setting>
    <setting id="useOwnProfile" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="priority">4</setting>
</settings>

and my web link is:

php:
title=americanvoice
url=https://americasvoice.news
thumb=DefaultFolder.png
stopPlayback=no
kiosk=no
userAgent=

I can only use Standard as my browser when setting up a site. Also, I can access the site, but I don't get audio.

Regards,

Shedrock

If you can access the site, great news! It's normal not to have sound. You need to select the custom audio option in the chrome addon, and manually encode your device. It should be something like ‘plughw:0,3‘.
To find your device, get system tools addon from libreelec repo, open and type "aplay -l", it shows list of your output devices...
You can find all infos including how to find the numbers to encode here: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/12879-...-no-audio/
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8