• 61(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
Thank you VERY much - workin' like a charm! 

Oh, and I fed it into the AI Chatbot thingy with the Code plugin? Told it "I want Kodi to have this functionality built in to Playlists" - and it spit out Kodi 20.3! 

But then I pressed the wrong button on my remote? Yep, accidentally launched a nuclear missile :(

But luckily, it hit an Orville Redenbacher factory - so just tons of microwaved popcorn. Live and learn with this AI, right? Ah well... 

Again, thank you VERY much!
(2024-01-04, 08:51)Rouzax Wrote: I fully agree, but it also looks like the popularity of Kodi is winding down in this age of streaming.
Just looking at the forums the activity is way down over years ago.

This is a big shame because, IMO, Kodi is ideal for offline playback of media. My Kodi setup happily works if there's no internet service, it only loses it's ability to easily scrape new metadata. Plex always had an internet dependency, even if it could work offline for a span, it was still using account logins to a remote server for authentication and it would 'die' without internet access even if it was only used for service within a LAN. Oh and Plex started emailing your friends randomly about what you're watching, and that sucks. I dunno about JellyFin though, never tried it. But Kodi is pretty great in 'rolling your own' media setup without remote dependancies.

i also use Kodi on my Steam Deck to play files off SD card so I have an accessible offline media library when traveling.
(2024-01-15, 06:24)DJ_Izumi Wrote: My Kodi setup happily works if there's no internet service, it only loses it's ability to easily scrape new metadata. 

Mine freezes and shuts down for whatever reason - are there any particular addons that need to be turned off? I don't have much of any addons installed - only whatever is required by the Arctic Zephyr skin. Offline, Gismeteo obviously can't check the weather - but I've had it fail before and no freeze. 
My guess is that it's one of the IMDB plugins or something? I'll randomly see the message about IMDB failing to connect even when the internet isn't down? 
Basically, the Internet goes down - I have everything set up to read directly from the local router, 192.168.1.1 - 
So, Kodi locks up and then I have to use VLC to watch my content until the Internet comes back online ;) 

My apologies if I'm polluting this thread. Just hoping you gurus might just know off the top of your head - "Oh, that idiot probably forgot to turn off" whatever it is I've forgotten to turn off?
(2024-01-14, 15:02)Rouzax Wrote: This is the version I have running.
https://github.com/Rouzax/script.lazytv/...di-V21-Fix

This is a combination of the versions that have floated around here and is working for me. I'm no python developer, so no guarantees.

Again, I have no clue how ANY of this works - simply relating my experience that, after installing the script, Kodi just started behaving squirrely as hell - all kinda weird issues that at least I'd think couldn't possibly have anything to do with the script. Audio failing, pre-downloaded graphics missing, all sorts of bizarre behavior? I'm running Arctic Zephyr as my skin - so possibly the mods to that script, or more likely just the old script itself running in the background all the time, is ganking everything? 

But it is what it is? So I've uninstalled it - back to "manually" working my way through watching my series ;) 

And, for anyone who knows even less than me? You can just set up a playlist of TV Series - toss in shows like Sopranos, Breaking Bad, whatever - switch the order to "last watched" so at least you have easier access to whatever shows you're currently bingeing.
I also have issues with it.

log:
2024-04-26 01:16:24.699 T:21680    info <general>: CAddonMgr::ADDON::CAddonMgr::FindAddon: script.lazytv v3.0.1 installed
2024-04-26 01:16:24.840 T:4464  warning <general>: CGUIMediaWindow::OnMessage - updating in progress
2024-04-26 01:16:24.843 T:12192   error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'>
                                                   Error Contents: module 'xbmc' has no attribute 'translatePath'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\Ricardo Simões\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.lazytv\service.py", line 1, in <module>
                                                       from resources import main_service
                                                     File "C:\Users\Ricardo Simões\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.lazytv\resources\main_service.py", line 55, in <module>
                                                       __profile__ = xbmc.translatePath(__addon__.getAddonInfo("profile"))
                                                   AttributeError: module 'xbmc' has no attribute 'translatePath'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

2024-04-26 01:17:23.113 T:4464     info <general>: Loading skin file: DialogConfirm.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
2024-04-26 01:17:31.747 T:4464     info <general>: Loading skin file: DialogTextViewer.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
2024-04-26 01:19:54.284 T:13684    info <general>: CServiceAddonManager: failed to stop script.lazytv (may have ended)
2024-04-26 01:19:55.350 T:15668   error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'>
                                                   Error Contents: module 'xbmc' has no attribute 'translatePath'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\Ricardo Simões\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.lazytv\service.py", line 1, in <module>
                                                       from resources import main_service
                                                     File "C:\Users\Ricardo Simões\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.lazytv\resources\main_service.py", line 55, in <module>
                                                       __profile__ = xbmc.translatePath(__addon__.getAddonInfo("profile"))
                                                   AttributeError: module 'xbmc' has no attribute 'translatePath'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

2024-04-26 01:19:55.351 T:17996    info <general>: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - initialize sink

Does anyone knows how to solve it?
Sorry. New here. In case the other comment gets deleted.

I am having issues with this addon too.
Here are the logs: https://paste.kodi.tv/ofigifavop.kodi

Can anyone help?
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4