Airplay question
Hello,

I have a question about Airplay on AppleTV. I would like to use the native airplay on my AppleTV but I know that it does not work when the XBMC runs. The 2 reasons I want this are:

1. XBMC's Airplay is fine but it lags, especially on volume change, track change etc compared to the native AppleTV Airplay,

2. XBMC uses 70-80% cpu on idle while native interface uses almost none. I don't need XBMC features all the time but I would like to use Airplay whenever possible without XBMC running.

So, is it possible to shut down the native AppleTV Airplay when XBMC starts? And re-enable when I quit from XBMC?

Thanks!
nope...

beside that the lag in volume changing is fixed in current gotham nightlies already. And the 80% CPU usage shouldn't care you if you ask me ... power consumption doesn't rely much on cpu usage with atv2 ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks Memphiz, I'll wait for the volume fix then. I don't know about the 80% cpu usage, but I found a way to start/stop airplayd via terminal:

stop: launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.airtunesd.ios.plist
start: launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.airtunesd.ios.plist

And I found a script that does executes shell scripts on specific xbmc events: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=151011
On the last page, someone asked about the xbmc stop action (that's what I need), the author replied that there is an event but sometimes XBMC quits before it fires. Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay question0