Always highest bitrate audio track
Question 
So after enjoying XBMC Frodo with the new audio engine for quite some while now I just can't seem to fix a small but irritation function.

As I'm used to the option "Set as default for all videos" will make, if chosen with DTS al new movie's automatically switch to the DTS track. I just can't get this to work.
Also after some researching I understand that the new audio engine will always pick the best audio bitrate as default. This doesn't seems to work either.

I couldn't find any option to fix this and also putting a line in advancedsettings.xml doesn't seem to be out there.

Thanks so much for all your help and time.

Version XBMC : XBMC 12.2 Git:23b1a5e on Ultra 2

Roelio
Media player: Xtreamer Ultra 2 XBMC v13 RC 1 Gotham, iPhone 4s & iPad mini Retina
LCD: Sony KDL-46HX920 - Receiver: Onkyo TX-R577 - Speakers: Mission e34 5.1 & MS10 - Remote: Harmony Smart Control
Router: Asus RT-N66U - NAS: Synology DS1512+ 15 TB - PC: Intel I7 @4.5 Ghz HD7950 3GB
audio engine has nothing to do with selection of audio track, this is done by dvdplayer. it looks first for user selected audio track, then for the desired language, then number of audio channels, then codec priority. highest ranking wins.
Ok thanks for clearing this out... So why will it always take the Dolby track or AC3 if there is a DTS track in de mkv...

update: I understand that if the AC3 is the first audio track it will by default always take this one? Is there any way to change it so it will always take the highest bitrate ? I can remember that in the past making DTS the default setting is OSD menu it will always take DTS but this doesn't seems to work here any more.
Media player: Xtreamer Ultra 2 XBMC v13 RC 1 Gotham, iPhone 4s & iPad mini Retina
LCD: Sony KDL-46HX920 - Receiver: Onkyo TX-R577 - Speakers: Mission e34 5.1 & MS10 - Remote: Harmony Smart Control
Router: Asus RT-N66U - NAS: Synology DS1512+ 15 TB - PC: Intel I7 @4.5 Ghz HD7950 3GB
DTS codec is ranked higher than ac3. If ac3 is chosen, this track must lose on one of the other criteria I have listed above.
Well that's exactly my problem the mkv first audio stream is DTS, the language is the same of the AC3 and the audio channels are the same.. Also this is with every new MKV file I play and after I changed it manually to DTS it will hold it every time I replay it...

So the criteria must be good

- No user selection made
- Language the same
- Audio channels the same
- codec prio first audio track is DTS
- even with DTS option "Set as default for all videos" it will still not work

There must be something we oversee here or a fix that I can use to force it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Always highest bitrate audio track0