User-defined Aspect Ratios Get Overwritten Endlessly
Good evening XBMC fellows,

This is very good news so things can be pushed forward: mm_half3 managed to port to Gotham his mod to override the wrong-aspect ratios displayed by XBMC for movies encoded 1:1 from the Blu-Ray specification (black bars encoded into the frame).

Please mind this is a temporary solution, as he has said, whilst efforts point towards getting an ideal fix into XBMC. However I believe his patch is timely since it can make use of the new extra aspect ratio icons (1.37, 2.40, 2.55, 2.76) input by ronie which were merged into the branch last August.

Ned Scott, it has come to my attention feature freeze is somewhat applied to XBMC Gotham already, but could the implementation of real aspect ratio flags in XBMC be feasible if the issue reported on this thread is treated as bug maybe?
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
It's possible, but it's up to the release managers.
@ned Scott: what would be the steps I should follow (and when) in order to make the release managers aware of such request? Thanks for your help!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
A pull request is the starting point.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Let me add for completeness, ^ this guy is one of two release managers.
(2013-11-22, 22:33)jmarshall Wrote: A pull request is the starting point.

Please review pull request PR3701 to start a discussion on a temporary fix for this problem.

Thanks,

John
linkified it.
@jmarshall & Kib: thanks for the prompt input and for making it clear. Here we go!
Best,

capfuturo

capfuturo, thanks for your efforts here. Giving XBMC another go and would love to be able to use the native player instead of having to launch MPC-HC. I have a CIH setup and probably 90% of my movies are 2.35:1.
Did this request ever amount to a solution? I've begun correcting the aspect ratios of my 1400 movie library but things are being over written and it's bloody annoying.
Hi Batiatus,

Still pending on PR#3701. Discussed also in PR#3340. Have a good day!
Best,

capfuturo

Is there a resolution yet?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
User-defined Aspect Ratios Get Overwritten Endlessly0