A call for skinners to help Confluence
Personally I think this is being made much more complex that it need to be.

I agree hidden on the side bar is not the best place for the level setting, but disagree with making a permanently viewable within the settings views as in my opinion that it's a one time change setting when first setting up XBMC, thus if Standard doesn't show enough options for you then it'll be changed to Advanced and left, I can't see users toggling back & forth.

In my opinion the logical thing is to have the Setting Level adjustment in the Skin settings since it's a GUI display option like the hide/show menu options.

The whole point of this settings level exercise was to hide the more advanced stuff from the newbie or the inexperienced, thus changing the level should not be some prominent button since all what will happen is that they will see it and change it and we are back to where we were the beforehand. Although I do like Black's idea below of a different colour for more advanced settings thus giving a subtle colour reference as to whether you are in an advanced settings level or not to people who know about it.

To me the more important debate is whether each of the Settings is allocated to the correct setting level so anything that a inexperienced user might want is not hidden within the Standard level view.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A call for skinners to help Confluence - by jjd-uk - 2013-08-22, 11:05
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A call for skinners to help Confluence4