Live TV issue
OK, firstly, I have posted this here as I think it is an issue with the Linux build rather than an actual TV/PVR issue. Secondly, I am a complete Linux newbie, but if I don't understand an answer if I have to dive into CLI then I will go and research that before asking more questions.

I have just got myself an Intel NUC (I3 version) and decided on an XBMCbuntu build for it, it is obviously cheaper than getting a legit copy of windows, I reckon it is snappier to use and it is about time I learned a bit about Linux. So I downloaded the most current XBMCbuntu stable release.

The install went pretty flawlessly and XBMC pretty much worked straight out of the box, all I had to do was set up my network shares and change an audio setting.

Where I have run into trouble is with the PVR function, when I first started watcing a live TV stream it very obviously needed deinterlacing switched on, so I did that. Unfortunately once I did I now when I try to watch live TV I get a couple of moments of black screen and then XBMC recycles and I end up back at the initial GUI as though I have cold booted it into XBMC. If I set it recording I can watch the recorded stream without an issue and using the same deinterlacing settings.

I am at work and have only just thought of it, but seeing it is a live TV only issue, can I set deinterlacing off on the recorded view and select the option to apply that to all videos? Will that actually apply it to the live TV view? If not, I am hoping to avoid a full reinstall but can do that if I have to, the box is still in the experimental/test stage as the room it is going in will not be painted for another week so I can mount the TV the new box is for and start using it permanently.
Follow that thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165707

Also read the point about how to disable RC6.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok, will dig into that. A bit of Linux learning in it for me, I really mean it when I call myself a Linux newbie.

The issue has come and gone a couple of times, I will enable debugging to try to capture something useful and put up proper version info and so on.
Just do what the link suggests. You won't be able to capture any logs if the RC6 bug hits you.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I will have a crack next time I can play with the NUC. Until the room it is going in is painted next week we have 1 TV less than we have HTPCs and I don't get to play with it much. The only other niggle I have found in testing is that it sometimes seems slow to reconnect to the network coming out of sleep and throws a connection error for a while. Usually fixable by waiting a bit and always fixable with a reboot (Not much of an impost on the NUC with Linux, under 20 seconds and it is rebooted and in XBMC again)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV issue0