HDMI audio output option causes jerky video
(2014-02-09, 17:44)CharlieM Wrote: I seem to be having the exact same problem right now. It was working fine last week but I recently moved and relocated my mac mini to the other side of the room and am now using a 25' hdmi cable. Now my video is jerky and the is no audio. Other than the new cable knowing has really changed so I'm confused and have checked everything I can think of.

Can you take a screen shot of your audio settings in XBMC? XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Audio output
sure here you go /Users/Mike/Desktop/Screenshot 2014-02-09 15.22.07.png I'm not sure if that worked i just dragged my screen shot here

lol nope how do I share the screenshot?

But that still doesn't help me with the jerky video even if we solve the audio problem. Which by the way iTunes works just fine
Mac mini 2012
Drobo 4 bay
4 three terabyte HHD
Drobo 5 bay
5 four terabyte HHD
http://imgur.com
http://imgur.com/ZRUP0mB

Ned Scott I always appreciate your help. You have been invaluable to my learning experience with XBMC
Mac mini 2012
Drobo 4 bay
4 three terabyte HHD
Drobo 5 bay
5 four terabyte HHD
Try setting the speaker configuration to use "2.0". XBMC on OS X has some weird audio mapping issues, and despite the setting saying "2.0", it will still give you 5.1 via your audio receiver. This might also have an impact on the video playback as well.
OK but it was set to 5.1 last week before I moved and I had no problems I don't understand how that will "fix" it

and it didn't fix anything sorry
Mac mini 2012
Drobo 4 bay
4 three terabyte HHD
Drobo 5 bay
5 four terabyte HHD
Ok now i'm going nuts. I rebooted my mac mini to see if that would help now my remote isn't working with XBMC just iTunes and I can't figure it out.
Mac mini 2012
Drobo 4 bay
4 three terabyte HHD
Drobo 5 bay
5 four terabyte HHD
(2014-02-09, 22:51)fritsch Wrote: Handshake: TV/AVR nicely saying hello to your HDMI Port of your graphics card. If hello does not reach you - no breakfast at tifany's
Laugh....that's very funny, but it is true....LOL
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2014-02-10, 01:01)CharlieM Wrote: OK but it was set to 5.1 last week before I moved and I had no problems I don't understand how that will "fix" it

and it didn't fix anything sorry

Not sure. It could be the length that is causing an issue. And if XBMC gets tripped up for audio signals then video will often suffer, as XBMC attempts to keep the two in sync.
Well if its a length issue is this something that can be looked at in gotham? So far I only seem to be having trouble in XBMC. I spent a lot of time and money (bought an expensive new desk and 25' hdmi cable which was $120) in an attempt to clean up my media cabinet by moving my computer router 2 drobos to the other side of the room so that the rats nest of cables is much less dense and have less power coming from one outlet.
Mac mini 2012
Drobo 4 bay
4 three terabyte HHD
Drobo 5 bay
5 four terabyte HHD
I don't have any experience with OS X, but this "Gefen HDmi Detective Plus- good to have for HTPC" little gadget work very well with Windows. With longer HDMI cable, I suspected that it cannot maintain handshake consistently...
I was having this same problem on my win 7 htpc.

When I set up my xbmc for the first time a few weeks ago I set up my audio output to HDMI and speaker configuration to 5.1. Everything worked perfectly for about three days, then suddenly there was no audio and very jerky playback.

My settings now are:
Windows default audio device- Panasonic TV
Audio output- Analog
Speaker config- 2.0
Audio output device- WASAPI HDMI Panasonic TV
passthrough output device- DirectSound HDMI Panasonic tv

It won't work any other way. I still get surround sound though. But when I exit xbmc into windows I get no windows sounds.

(Next step is to upgrade my amp as it is about 15 years old, so audio goes through the tv then to the amp)
(2014-02-10, 11:21)blossom24 Wrote: (Next step is to upgrade my amp as it is about 15 years old, so audio goes through the tv then to the amp)
Why not getting an AVR that can decode audio instead, and then configures XBMC as shown below. To get the best sound and video, you need to connect it this way- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV using two HDMI cables. Then set AVR to pass-thru video...

Sorry BluRay...

I meant to write... "so signals go through the amp then to the TV"... (missed the type-o in the proof read)

My existing amp is too old and does not have hdmi. The best it has is composite connections. So I use the TV as my source selector (HDMI1, HDMI2, TV etc and output audio from the tv to the amp).

As soon as I receive that Christmas bonus i'll be upgrading the amp.
To prove whether this is a handshake issue is rather simple.

Enabled debug logging.

Connect to TV via a short (<5m) HDMI lead and try playing some stuff and then grab the debug log.

Connect to TV via the 25m HDMI lead and do the same again.

Then the two debugs logs can be compared try and see what's going on.

Personally I think this is just a case of incorrect audio settings, have you tried the following:

Audio output: Analog
Speaker configuration: 2.0
Audio output device: HDMI

If the distance is an issue, then something like http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-B122-00...i+extender maybe needed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI audio output option causes jerky video0