Linux Testing/Debugging Video Plugin
Hi,
I'm new to the XBMC community. I've installed XBMC on a Linux (Ubuntu 13.04) machine and started working on a video plugin.

I've taken a working plugin and trying to modify it as per my needs. But I'm totally unsure how to test/debug the code. Right now I'm trying to open the addon in XBMC but it says 'script error'. When I try to execute the script outside of XBMC using the python command it couldn't find the necessary modules.

Can someone please point me to a good reference or is there a quick way to test the plugins outside of XBMC?

thanks and regards,
Srikanth
Check out XBMCswift.

Also, switch on debugging in the Settings and the script error will show up in the XBMC.log
Thanks for the response. I found XBMCSwift2 following your post.

http://www.xbmcswift.com/en/latest/

This is exactly the kind of environment I've been looking for. Smile

(2013-08-29, 09:31)Karnagious Wrote: Check out XBMCswift.

Also, switch on debugging in the Settings and the script error will show up in the XBMC.log
Yes, xbmcswift (2) is a very nice plugin framework.

If you want to see some more (complex) plugins written with xbmcswift, have a look to some of add-ons on my GitHub page.

Easy to understand is e.g. "HD-Trailers.net" (plugin.video.hdtrailers_net). Or have a look to "JamBMC" for a very complex example.

Good luck with your add-on!
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Thanks sphere! My pleasure knowing you. Will go through the plugins to understand the best practices.

(2013-08-29, 15:07)sphere Wrote: Yes, xbmcswift (2) is a very nice plugin framework.

If you want to see some more (complex) plugins written with xbmcswift, have a look to some of add-ons on my GitHub page.

Easy to understand is e.g. "HD-Trailers.net" (plugin.video.hdtrailers_net). Or have a look to "JamBMC" for a very complex example.

Good luck with your add-on!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testing/Debugging Video Plugin0