Move Library - Thumb rehash
If your Synology has a Busybox version of sed, try "sed -r" instead of "sed -E".
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
That has worked a treat. I am amazed out how fast it is (I have over 1400 movies). You suggested to delete the database and rescrape again. What database are you referring to? the textures db or the main SQL DB? i dont want to lose watched/unwatched etc.

Thanks so much for your help with this
Both.

If you've just renamed your artwork, your media library (MySQL) will be referencing the artwork using the old filenames. You'll need to find a way to correct the filenames in the media library - maybe a SQL query will work there.

And since the hashes in Textures13.db will be based on the old artwork filenames in the media library, that database will be wrong too.

Though backing up and restoring watched statuses is pretty easy (see post #3).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
$hite.

After renaming artwork using your scripts, deleting thumbnails folder and textures db and finally checking every path in mysql is pointing to new nfs location local artwork is still not being used. I could not find where MySQL references the artwork specifically in the DB.
What do you mean, "local artwork is still not being used" - by what, Artwork Downloader, or when viewing artwork in the GUI and thus populating the texture cache?

If the problem is still with Artwork Downloader, turn on debug (both in the addon and System -> Settings) and upload a log to pastebin and post a link in this thread or in the Artwork Downloader thread. I believe Martijn may have released an update recently which is causing a few problems.

For all "standard" artwork (poster, fanart) though, you should be able to pre-load your Textures13.db and Thumbnails folder using the script in post #3. Also you can query the media library to confirm that XBMC has the correct "view" of the data in the MySQL database.
My understanding was that ordinarily, If you did an update library then XBMC would try to first use the local artworks and nfo file and then use the scraper if local is not there. As my files are already in the XBMC library, I would have to use Artwork downloader with the use local files options to get XBMC to use the local files of movies already loaded. So I thought after deleting the textures and thumbnails folder and ensuring all sql paths are correct, When I opened XBMC and used artwork downloader, I would be in business. But running artwork downloader did not use local artwork as allot of movies did not display local artwork that I had chose a while back. Im totally confused i think Smile
If i drop the current video database in PHPMyadmin and then open xbmc with a blank new database. I can then do a scan for content. XBMC then scans my movie folder, adds all my movies and uses local artwork etc perfectly. If i drop that db and revert back to old db the old problem of missing/incorrect artwork is back.
Use the script to view your paths as XBMC "sees" them and confirm they are still correct, and accessible by your client.

Look in your xbmc.log (debug enabled) to see if there are any relevant errors which might shed light on why artwork is not accessible.

Unless you provide more information in the form of debug logs rather than keep repeating "it's not working", nobody can really help you. You've got all the tools at your disposal to work this out for yourself, use them...
Thanks MilhouseVH. Agreed regarding having the tools and agreed regarding debug logs. I ran your script last night and it showed me a lovely list of artworks it could not find all with wrong paths and naming conventions. I looked again at the DB and the artwork table and found 7 pages with what I was looking for. Did a query/replace to update all file paths and then ran your script again and I am now in business.

I would like to thank you for sticking with me with this issue and your patience. Thank you also for creating your scripts. Its been a good opportunity to learn more about the DB side of things in XBMC
Excellent, glad you were able to work it out for yourself! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Move Library - Thumb rehash0