• 19(current)
Amber for Frodo - Support thread
Hi pecinko

I miss 1 feature from confluence that is, your able to click anywhere on the seekbar to skip movie any chance you could implement that into the amber skin.
Thanks Pecinko your a legend Cool
(2013-10-18, 22:32)thewarm Wrote: There is no "logoff" in the v1.09 or v1.10 of the Amber Quit menu!

It should be there but you need to have atleast 2 profiles and be logged in with one of them. It will not show if you only have a master profile setup.
(2013-10-19, 00:22)TeKo Wrote: Is there a way to get widgets and library info for smartplaylists on the home menu?

Not without script.randomandlastitems, which Amber does not support right now. It would be doable but because of the amount of custom menu slots (9) a lot of checks and queries would have to be made.
(2013-10-19, 09:35)SpaceMonkey Wrote:
(2013-10-19, 00:22)TeKo Wrote: Is there a way to get widgets and library info for smartplaylists on the home menu?

Not without script.randomandlastitems, which Amber does not support right now. It would be doable but because of the amount of custom menu slots (9) a lot of checks and queries would have to be made.

Just for info - I'm not using smart playlists so I'm not interested at all. If I were to use them, I would be using playlists as a filters and not as a way for adding.. kind of a another library section.

I'm sorry, but I'm just not able to take care of every possible use case in XBMC. XBMC GUI rethinking is way overdue.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-10-18, 06:35)SpaceMonkey Wrote: Why do you go to submenus when you need to log out? Focus quit in the main menu, press ok/enter and select logoff.

Yup, SpaceMonkey is right. Alternatively, depending on a remote you are using, you can map logoff function to a remote button.
[/quote]

So presumably there is an XBMC function that can be called to switch profiles and one that I could map a remote key to.

Cheers
System.LogOff
(2013-10-19, 09:21)SpaceMonkey Wrote:
(2013-10-18, 22:32)thewarm Wrote: There is no "logoff" in the v1.09 or v1.10 of the Amber Quit menu!

It should be there but you need to have atleast 2 profiles and be logged in with one of them. It will not show if you only have a master profile setup.

Thank you.
I experiment on my workstation (not my HTPC) that has only the master profile.
Thanks very much to the creator for this terrific skin. Really, by far the best I have used.

I do have one minor thing though. Is there any way to change the "highlight" of the items as you scroll through them? On my TV it's not always very obvious which item is selected when scrolling through files. The orange highlight on the home screen is great, but for example on 1Channel the selected item is very, very slightly more grey than the greay background and the text no different at all.

The amber border that comes up on the home screen would be fantastic, but failing that just a more bold text and more obvious highlight would do the trick too.

Just a thought.
I agree on the highlight. On the projector screen it's barely visible if you have some background light coming from somewhere and i often find myself looking at the icon or fanart to check which item is focused.
Thirded. Say in TV Shows -> Recently Added, in List mode, the highlight on the first/second item in the list is often almost invisible if the background fanart is particularly bright. Some way of making the highlight more "contrasty" while still keeping it subtle would be appreciated.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
pecinko hides behind the rock......
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-10-19, 17:59)pecinko Wrote: pecinko hides behind the rock......

It's not a big deal, and don't take this as criticism, just saying that it's perhaps a bit too subtle depending on the intensity of the alpha-blended background... Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-10-19, 18:05)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-10-19, 17:59)pecinko Wrote: pecinko hides behind the rock......

It's not a big deal, and don't take this as criticism, just saying that it's perhaps a bit too subtle depending on the intensity of the alpha-blended background... Smile
Totally agree. The skin is magnificent, so this really isn't a criticism, just a suggestion to make it even better.
Hi there,

After discovering the Amber skin last week I have been quite busy the past days to customise it. One of my main goals is to show recent items for custom menu items (or the very nice 'home shelf'). I tried to achieve this by using the script.randomandlastitems, but I just read that Amber doesn't support it. And I also understand this doesn't have a high priority on the backlog.

Another option I have tried is to 'customize' the standard movies and tvshows menu items: I edited the titles.xml file which is used by the default menu item 'movies' and 'tv shows'. This was however also not succesfull. The changed files operate correctly, but are however not used by the default menu items once I open them. Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Frodo - Support thread10