XBMC restore question
Does a XBMC backup, backup EVERYTHING, as in the way ive set up my home page,skin, shortcuts, favourites, backgrounds etc etc. I tried to restore my XBMC back to way I had it when I backed it up, but after running restore, It looks like it didnt really do anything. Its certainly doesnt look the way It was when I backed it up.
Thanks
To restore the look and feel of XBMC you'll need to take a copy of the guisettings.xml file located in the home folder and make sure you restore that along with everything else.

Might also be worth looking at sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml (if you use the latter).
(2013-09-06, 13:30)PeterPopper Wrote: To restore the look and feel of XBMC you'll need to take a copy of the guisettings.xml file located in the home folder and make sure you restore that along with everything else.

Might also be worth looking at sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml (if you use the latter).

Hi, I recently used Backup from my main Xbmc onto 3 new installs. It copied all my add-ons but not the GUI. @PeterPopper where do you paste the guisettings.xml so it can be included in Backup?
guisettings is in userdata

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Userdata

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC restore question0