• 21(current)
Release Dropbox addon
(2017-06-28, 05:41)tsrikalyan Wrote: Is there a way to fix dropbox addon ?
Yes. Go and rewrite it so it supports the changes to the Dropbox api. If that's beyond you, wait for someone else to do it.
I too have error messages when I try to install Dropbox for Kodi. Ed Davidson says "Add this source and install from zip". I'm sorry but I don't know enough about this to understand what that means. I know how to send a zip file to Kodi and install from zip, but what does Ed mean when he says "Add this source"? Any help you can give would be very much appreciated.
(2017-08-16, 00:00)shollystuff Wrote: I too have error messages when I try to install Dropbox for Kodi. Ed Davidson says "Add this source and install from zip". I'm sorry but I don't know enough about this to understand what that means. I know how to send a zip file to Kodi and install from zip, but what does Ed mean when he says "Add this source"? Any help you can give would be very much appreciated.

Dbmc no longer works on kodi.
I installed/setup dbmc in kodi on my ubuntu machine and it works fine, but it will not install on andriod TV box, so that should mean that nothings changed at dropbox end?
So it does still work on kodi, just not android Confused
Dbmc 0.9.6 on Kodi 17.4 on Fire TV stick and Windows 10 Pro 1703.
Python program is missing urllib3.
https://paste.ubuntu.com/25456840
Information 
Hi All,

I'm sorry to say, but I have decided to stop developing (giving support) on this addon. I have stopped using dropbox and so there is no value in this for me anymore. Confused
Since I was the one who started this addon and nobody else is working on it, the development and support will also stop.
Unless there are some people who would like to develop/support this addon. If you would like to continue this addon let me know! Send me a message. I love to help you get you started!

I would like to finish by saying to you all: Thanks for using the addon and helping me to get it stable and have other users access to their dropbox on Kodi!

Best regards,
Joost
By browsing the XBMC files on Windows 10 Pro 1703, I find that the directory
c:/Program Files/WindowsApps/XBMCFoundation.Kodi_17.4.0.0_x86__4n2hpmxwrvr6p/system/python/Lib
has urllib and urllib2, but no urllib3.
I conclude that Kodi 17.4 needs to add urllib3 in order to make Dbmc-0.9.6 work.
Hey guys,

I cannot use DBMC its throwing a 400 error everytime I successfully complete the access token portion required.  says 400 v1 is retired.  When will the migration to v2 be complete?

Thanks for your help.  Looks like a wonderful addon I would love to use this in the future!
(2017-11-24, 22:35)trunkz Wrote: I cannot use DBMC its throwing a 400 error everytime I successfully complete the access token portion required.  says 400 v1 is retired.  When will the migration to v2 be complete?
Probably never because there is currently no one maintaining this addon.
This add-on hasn't been updated!!! When I go to configure, there's no option for me to add my Dropbox account! And there's no ability to synch! Is there another option? Will someone be replying to my questions? Thanks.
(2018-01-16, 19:00)Poiney Wrote: Will someone be replying to my questions?
(2017-12-29, 12:07)flups Wrote: Probably never because there is currently no one maintaining this addon.

The answer is hidden somewhere in the post directly above yours ...
Hi all,

I am willing to take up the charge in supporting future development and rehabilitation of this plugin. I can't seem to message josetaza for one reason or another (kodi forums don't allow me to private message anyone). It may be because I have been lurking forever and not posting much.

In short, I am a (recovering) software developer who has an interest in being able to have Dropbox access for media files (though mostly for moving media from and to locations rather than streaming off of Dropbox).

If anyone has a direct lead to josetaza (so that I don't have to reinvent this from scratch from whatever is in sourceforge), please help.

--R
So, in the face of the outpouring of support... /s

I will be cloning the Sourceforge repo and importing a fork into a public Gitlab repo to continue work on this.

First order of business will be to adapt the v2 API. Then I will start to work on matching features from the v1 API as best I can.

I will be back here once I have the repo relocated.

Cheers,

--R
Great. Looking forward to it.
(2018-02-23, 20:55)WineSoaked Wrote: First order of business will be to adapt the v2 API. Then I will start to work on matching features from the v1 API as best I can.
It would be good to use the existing addon script.module.dropbox from micahg (github-link). He ported the dropbox API to v2 as a general module and it would help keep the xbmc addon repo more compact and modular. I also use this in my addon service.watchedlist (github) to synchronize a database file.
We also discussed to use this module for the dropbox backup addon by robweber (github), but I think he implemented the API at the same time.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dropbox addon2