MKV and buffering issues
Within the last few months or so I've started having problems with MKVs and XBMC. I was originally using an ATV2 but have recently started using an Ouya and I'm getting the exact same behavior.

I'll select the video and will immediately see a frozen frame from the movie and it will say "buffering" in the upper corner while the "working" animation on the bottom stutters wildy. After a few seconds the movie starts but I'm given a warning that the cache filled before allowing for continuous playback. Then after a few seconds to a minute the movie will stop and buffer. It's unwatchable. I am streaming the movie, but I'm fairly certain that has nothing to do with it (at least in terms of bandwidth). I'm using hard wired gigabit equipment. Also, and this is the key part, if I remux the movie to a TS file the movie plays perfectly. I never see any buffering messages. I just see "working" for about a second and then the movie starts playing perfectly. The exact same video and audio files, just a different container. And now I'm seeing the same problem with different hardware. What is happening here?
Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens?
(2013-09-07, 00:16)Ned Scott Wrote: Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens?

Sorry about the delayed reply. I finally got around to messing with this again. I enabled logging and then first played a TS file for 10 or so seconds. Then I played the same video in its original MKV format and got the issue I described in my first post. In fact, XBMC actually crashed a second or two after the video started playing. Hopefully this is the correct log file:

Log File

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MKV and buffering issues0