Can't figure out some games to work on Kodi
I apologize if this has been asked before but I tried searching the forum, youtube, and the web for a solution with no luck. For the last few days I have been trying to play Punch Out on Nintendo and Mario Tennis on 64, but can't figure out how to get them to work. I downloaded the roms but only found the Nintendo Emulator in Kodi's Repository, not one for 64. I can't even get that to start up and launch the game. I downloaded the launcher too, but can't figure that thing out for the life of me. I tried putting the location paths where my game folders are located which did nothing. If anyone has a little time to help a brother out I'd appreciate it, or, if you could point me in the right direction, thatd be really cool too.

Are these emulators working for Kodi 20.2?

Thanks guys.
(2023-07-23, 00:32)GCtwoTHREE Wrote: if you could point me in the right direction, thatd be really cool too.

You could start by NOT typing in useless topic titles.
How is Please Help. Thank You. Bumblebee Tuna. supposed to indicate to others the Kodi problem you have?
Hi @GCtwoTHREE, glad to see someone interested in trying games in Kodi.

(2023-07-23, 00:32)GCtwoTHREE Wrote: I downloaded the roms but only found the Nintendo Emulator in Kodi's Repository, not one for 64.

Are these emulators working for Kodi 20.2?

Nintendo 64, being a 3D game, requires OpenGL support. Given that Kodi is a complicated multithreaded GL program to begin with, it's a bit hard to embed an OpenGL emulator, though work on this has started. Keep an eye out for OpenGL support, though it probably won't land for v21.

NES, however, works beautifully for me.

You can see which games require OpenGL here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Game_add-ons#Libretro_cores

(2023-07-23, 00:32)GCtwoTHREE Wrote: I can't even get that to start up and launch the game. I downloaded the launcher too, but can't figure that thing out for the life of me. I tried putting the location paths where my game folders are located which did nothing.

Can you upload a debug log showing the game failing to launch? I've added a lot of extra info to the debug log for games, and that should show me why it's not working.

The general process is that you add a folder source in the My Games window, then browse it, find the ROM and launch it. Or even better, check out IAGL (works out of the box) or AKL (needs some setup) for a much better browsing experience. We currently don't have a game library like we do for movies and TV shows, so add-ons are the best experience currently.
Hey Garbear,
Sorry I haven't been on the forum in a while but I actually was able to get it working dude. Mike Tysons Punch Out. Classic. I can't believe how hard it is still, but that could be because of the controller and button layout. Just wanted to say thanks for all of the work you do allowing me and everyone to reminisce on days gone by. I thought the parrot guys comment was a little harsh, like relax guy. Just wanted to say thanks and I appreciate you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't figure out some games to work on Kodi0