• 139(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
more testing:
MAME/FBA via IAGL:
on StreetFighter 2 the upper left trigger on my X360 controller is not working on both FBA or MAMEx (tested 2003 and 2010)
IIRC some other users are reporting the same issue some time ago.

SNES:
Snes9x2010:
no issues on all tested games

all bSNES EMUs:
black screen with stuttering sound
http://ix.io/1irG

And a feature request:
It would be nice, if you could test a controller in some way. Then a user can see, if all buttons are working and are correctly assigned.
example pic: http://generalarcade.com/gamepadtool/gamepadtool.png
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2018-07-26, 17:55)Solo0815 Wrote: more testing:
MAME/FBA via IAGL:
on StreetFighter 2 the upper left trigger on my X360 controller is not working on both FBA or MAMEx (tested 2003 and 2010)
IIRC some other users are reporting the same issue some time ago.

I've actually observed this first hand, two friends were playing Contra III and there's a top-down section where bumpers control the rotation. One bumper was broken, so they could only spin right. I saw eye contact and a "challenge accepted" moment.

I'll try to reproduce on my laptop when I get a chance.
(2018-07-26, 17:55)Solo0815 Wrote: more testing:
And a feature request:
It would be nice, if you could test a controller in some way. Then a user can see, if all buttons are working and are correctly assigned.
example pic: http://generalarcade.com/gamepadtool/gamepadtool.png

This was my original intention, but it quickly ballooned the magnitude of the controller window project. They show 1 controller, we show 70.

We do have button masks for the 27 OpenEmu artwork. How would you design a visual feedback system with one of these? Annotate the buttons, do blob detection, then fade in a yellow overlay?
Hello Garbear and thankyou for all of your hard work. The last mention of an Arm(32bit) build for retroplayer is marked as “Broken”. Does this mean that all work on the 32bit variant is stopped? Thanks again
(2018-07-29, 02:21)Tastiestjewfish Wrote: Hello Garbear and thankyou for all of your hard work. The last mention of an Arm(32bit) build for retroplayer is marked as “Broken”. Does this mean that all work on the 32bit variant is stopped? Thanks again

No, it's quite basic. One of our emulators made jenkins hang when compiling for ARM32. If I can't fix the hang I'll just build without the emulator.
Tried the 8/8 build. Now my bluetooth gamepad works as it should, great!!
PCSX Rearmed works for about one minute then goes black screen. Log here
(2018-08-14, 14:42)ghizzu Wrote: PCSX Rearmed works for about one minute then goes black screen. Log here

My job is to get you in game Smile If you see video at all that's a good sign, if it goes black after a while on PS1 it's probably BIOS issues. Can you open an issue on GitHub?
(2018-08-14, 20:47)garbear Wrote:
(2018-08-14, 14:42)ghizzu Wrote: PCSX Rearmed works for about one minute then goes black screen. Log here

My job is to get you in game Smile If you see video at all that's a good sign, if it goes black after a while on PS1 it's probably BIOS issues. Can you open an issue on GitHub?  
And my job is to keep you coding Big Grin
Sorry garbear, I don't like the idea of joining github only to post some issues now and then (and I'm not a coder... well, not a SERIOUS one).
Anyway, I doubt that BIOS is the problem here. If you take a look at the log, there are a lot of rendering warnings and errors. And the issues are similar with the Beetle PSX core, only worse. It seems that the core requests a lot of resolution updates, until Kodi goes berserk and finally crashes.
(2018-08-15, 07:51)ghizzu Wrote: Anyway, I doubt that BIOS is the problem here. If you take a look at the log, there are a lot of rendering warnings and errors. And the issues are similar with the Beetle PSX core, only worse.

if the same thing happens with another core then it could be a rendering issue. I'll add this to my issue tracker but I'm not sure when I can look into it. let me know if you discover anything else through testing.
The issue seems related to this.
It shows with or without BIOSes (PCSX doesn't needs them anyway), with every game I tested and with Wasapi or DirectSound. After some time (about one minute on PCSX, less with Beetle PSX) the CPU and memory usage peak, the game starts stuttering, the screen starts flickering (you can see the Windows taskbar for some fractions of second) and then becomes black (but the audio keeps working) and finally Kodi crashes.
1. I have a RPi3 running #816 and have noticed a strange behavior with exiting games.  I use a harmony one remote and lirc.  If I am playing a game (NES or SNES) and I hit the exit button on my remote, I go back to the list of my ROMS (which are hosted on my NAS).  I can used the arrows on the remote to move up and down to select another ROM.  When I hit the OK button on my remote, the screen flashes (it looks like it is killing the old game I was playing).  I then have to hit the OK button again to bring up the list of emulators.  When doing these same steps for movies, I do not have to hit OK twice.

2. When my bluetooth PS3 controller shuts itself off after not being used for a couple of minutes, when I wake it back up I can no longer control the game.  I am able to hit the PS3 button and bring up the in game dialog and exit.

3. Also, I see errors like the following
 22:25:35.441 T:1801425776 ERROR: CNFSFile::Open: Unable to open file : '//ROMs/SNES/Chrono Trigger (U) [!].sav' error : 'open call failed with "NFS: Lookup of /ROMs/SNES/Chrono Trigger (U) [!].sav failed with NFS3ERR_NOENT(-2)"'
22:25:35.442 T:1801425776 ERROR: Failed to open savestate for writing
but then it writes them to ~/.kodi/userdata/Savestates/InGameSaves
(2018-08-15, 08:47)ghizzu Wrote: The issue seems related to this.
It shows with or without BIOSes (PCSX doesn't needs them anyway), with every game I tested and with Wasapi or DirectSound. After some time (about one minute on PCSX, less with Beetle PSX) the CPU and memory usage peak, the game starts stuttering, the screen starts flickering (you can see the Windows taskbar for some fractions of second) and then becomes black (but the audio keeps working) and finally Kodi crashes.
 The issues are present in SNES9x too, but not in SNES9x 2010. Lots of render buffer creations and audio buffer underruns.
SNESx log (I terminated Kodi before it crashed)
SNESx 2010 (everything OK)
And in ScummVM and DosBox too (no logs, but if you want them I'll post them). Maybe related with resolution changes?
Found the problem: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14313

I've launched some test builds.
Builds are up. Android arm (32-bit) is included!

https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/releases...1-20180817
  • 139(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16