• 158(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
@garbear Unfortunately, I've got another RP bug to report. This one is unrelated to either the shaders or the memory bug, but it might have something in common with the memory bug, as it also affects only the PCSX emulator. The problem is that the emulator runs too fast. Like twice (or even more) faster than it should.

This happens in official LibreELEC builds for my Rockchip RK3399 (even before the Kodi 20.1, possibly even in Kodi 19.x). It affects all games I've tried in the PCSX emulator, but it does not happen in CoreELEC on my second box.

I've even tried to copy the PCSX core from one box to the other (as they are both ARMv8), but it still only happens on the LibreELEC RK3399 and not on the CoreELEC S922X.

The main difference between the two is that the LibreELEC is using the DMA RP renderer (and the GBM graphics stack), while the CoreELEC is using the GLES RP renderer (and the fbdev driver).

EDIT: Also I've noticed, that while most of the games run too fast from the start of the game, Worms World Party runs the intro video in normal speed and after the game switches resolution for the menu, it starts to run too fast as well.
I've created a LibreELEC 11.0.1 x86_64 Generic PC build with the OpenGL ES shaders enabled for testing. Be aware, there are bugs, it is not meant for daily use! The game OSD is not rendered correctly when a shader is enabled etc.

But if anyone wants to test and play with the shaders on LibreELEC, here is the build:
http://koprajs.mx-net.cz/LibreELEC-Gener...b4c561.tar

Just install as usual and then install this add-on from the zip:
http://koprajs.mx-net.cz/game.shader.pre....0.1.1.zip

Then you can select from shaders in the game OSD (Video filter).
please share the log files.
@sanasaleem Sorry... what?
Kodi v20.2 is released, which means new test builds! https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/releases

The notable changelog:

• Rebased on 20.2 release
  • Fixed washed out colors on Windows 10-bit HDTV displays (xbmc#23467)

Notably, I included LibreELEC 11.0.2 builds. Let me know if there's a platform you'd like that I'm missing.

I also plan to upload GL/GLES/GBM shader builds soon for testing with the latest shader code. The shader preset add-on will be included. We just have to work out a rebase conflict (see the fixup! commits).
Awesome work Garbear! When will you start publishing any Omega builds ? I've started running Alpha 2 via LibreElec and found it fairly stable.
Ask and ye shall receive. 21 Alpha 2 builds will be up tonight!
@sunlollyking I uploaded win/android/macos builds. Do you want a LE build? Which architecture?
I uploaded another round of builds. This time, there's a new feature in development - an initial Player Manager. It's currently only a viewer, you can't manage players yet. Though you can manage ports and see how players are updated.

Awesome, I'm after LE12 generic builds. I run an Intel nuc so usually enough beef to throw at a game.
These are some great news! Thanks for the hard work, garbear!

I'm currently out for the summer, but when I get back, I'm planning to switch my primary device to the Intel platform as well, so I'm looking forward for the LE build with shaders. Primary reason to switch the platform is the RetroPlayer.

One thing to consider: You say the shader preset add-on will be included in the build. If it is going to be bundled in the read-only file system, users won't be able to manage the shaders (edit the presets.xml).
(2023-07-08, 00:20)KOPRajs Wrote: I'm looking forward for the LE build with shaders

I've uploaded both LE 11.0 and LE 12.0 Generic builds with shaders!

(2023-07-08, 00:20)KOPRajs Wrote: One thing to consider: You say the shader preset add-on will be included in the build. If it is going to be bundled in the read-only file system, users won't be able to manage the shaders (edit the presets.xml).

There's nothing stopping someone from providing their own shader preset add-on by giving it a higher version. However I think the current code checks for the RO xml before the RW xml. That can be easily fixed.
Just testing out the latest LE 12 generic x64 testbuild. Currently when i look at video filters i only see Nearest Neighbour and Bilinear - For shaders should they not be present in this menu element ?
I've not loaded up any cfg files or anything this is just default - install the build, load up a game.

Thinking i need this addon https://github.com/garbear/game.shader.presets but was wanting to install without having to build myself. Outside of that i've got the libretro shader pack downloaded and good to go.
I checked the filesystem of my LE builds and saw that the preset manifest (ShaderPresetsGLSLP.xml) is at /usr/share but we're looking alongside the .so file at /usr/lib. I'll fix the code to find the file at the correct spot.
I created a new build that should locate the shaders properly: https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/releases...2-20230709

If they're still missing, can you upload a debug log?

(2023-07-08, 00:20)KOPRajs Wrote: One thing to consider: You say the shader preset add-on will be included in the build. If it is going to be bundled in the read-only file system, users won't be able to manage the shaders (edit the presets.xml).

Shaders now prioritize the RW home directory over the RO system folder.
  • 158(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16