• 138(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
(2018-07-19, 02:56)garbear Wrote:
(2018-07-16, 14:43)gnaag Wrote: NES
I have tried several games. Quicknes works fine.
[Nestopia and bNES] have problems (black screen with sound). But when I go to RP menu, I can see game in the background while in Nestopia, but nothing changes in bnes. I can exit both systems easily. Bnes however tops my RPi's CPU (nestopia does not).

The black screen in bNES is due to using 15-bit color instead of 16-bit. It appears to be a problem with the GLES drivers, as windows can play bNES fine. We're looking into it.
(2018-07-16, 14:43)gnaag Wrote: PSX
I have tried just PCSX (beetle-PSX doesn't work with RPi). Starting any game results in black screen, kodi freezing not responding to any buttonclicks and eventually to rebooting. I have tried to delete .sav and .xml files - no change. This is a regression. It worked fine before.

This should be fixed by PR:14194. Can you give the latest Milhouse build a try? 

Unfortunately it didn't help. I responded on github as well.
Log: http://paste.kodi.tv/vimorayoze
Crash log: http://paste.kodi.tv/sikokekahi
Tested the latest LE from Milhouse 0720 from today on a RPi3+:
C64 (vice):
I can't the keyboard to work. If I open the onboard (builtin) Keyboard of vice, I got some slowdowns in emulation. Closing the onboard keyboard fixes it.
Can't test further because I can't skip the Intro, because of no keyboard is working.

Amiga (WinPUAE):
If I start a adf (Amiga Disk) file, then I got a menu, where I can setup the Amiga. I can control the mouse cursor after pressing "Select" on my wireless 360 gamepad. If I press "OK" in the WinPUAE ingame menu Kodi freezes and I have to restart Kodi via the CLI.
It would be better, if there where some sort of autoconfig for Amiga500 and all the others models, so after selecting a adf, the game starts without any userinput Wink

MrBoom:
Black screen, no sound

SNES: (SNES2010)
No issues so far at all tested games

FBA / MAME (via IAGL):
After selecting the "FBA" or "Arcade"-list, I tried to play a game, but that didn't work, because I can't select "FBA" or "MAME" as a emulator for ZIP.

FBA / MAME (local ROMs):
I can't get it working, because Kodi does not let me select any emulator. Even "Play" in context menu doesn't work.

NES (IAGL):
Nestopia EU gave a internal error
bNES gave a black screen

NES (local ROMs via SMB-share):
doesn't work at all (see MAME local ROMs)

If you need any debug-log, pls let me know. Can't test further, because my wife wants to watch TV Wink
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Hi i want to try n64 games on my nuc7i5BNH but i can't find the core to install.
I can see all the other nintendo core but not mupenplus64.
And in wich folder do i need to put my roms?

Thanks!
(2018-07-22, 18:25)Pienoet Wrote: Hi i want to try n64 games on my nuc7i5BNH but i can't find the core to install.
I can see all the other nintendo core but not mupenplus64.
And in wich folder do i need to put my roms?

Thanks!
 Mupenplus64 is noy yet supported in Retroplayer, because it needs OpenGL and so far Retroplayer is based on DirectX. Same is true AFAIK for Reicast and PPSSPP.
(2018-07-21, 15:47)Solo0815 Wrote: C64 (vice):
I can't the keyboard to work.

Fixed in PR:44.
(2018-07-21, 15:47)Solo0815 Wrote: Amiga (WinPUAE):
If I start a adf (Amiga Disk) file, then I got a menu, where I can setup the Amiga. I can control the mouse cursor after pressing "Select" on my wireless 360 gamepad. If I press "OK" in the WinPUAE ingame menu Kodi freezes and I have to restart Kodi via the CLI.
It would be better, if there where some sort of autoconfig for Amiga500 and all the others models, so after selecting a adf, the game starts without any userinput Wink

I'll look into this
(2018-07-21, 15:47)Solo0815 Wrote: MrBoom:
Black screen, no sound

I can't reproduce on OSX or Windows. I'll try to test OpenGLES platforms when I get my embedded devices set up again.
(2018-07-21, 15:47)Solo0815 Wrote: FBA / MAME (via IAGL):
After selecting the "FBA" or "Arcade"-list, I tried to play a game, but that didn't work, because I can't select "FBA" or "MAME" as a emulator for ZIP.

FBA / MAME (local ROMs):
I can't get it working, because Kodi does not let me select any emulator. Even "Play" in context menu doesn't work.

I'll look into these when I get a chance.
(2018-07-21, 15:47)Solo0815 Wrote: NES (IAGL):
Nestopia EU gave a internal error

I can't reproduce on OSX.
(2018-07-21, 15:47)Solo0815 Wrote: bNES gave a black screen

bNES uses 15-bit color, which is currently broken on GL/GLES platforms.
(2018-07-21, 15:47)Solo0815 Wrote: If you need any debug-log, pls let me know.

That'd be helpful for any of the issues above I said I'd look into later.

Thanks for testing.
New builds uploaded. Notable change: I merged savestate .xml and .sav files into a single file. Old savestates won't be loaded and will be overwritten.
(2018-07-21, 15:47)Solo0815 Wrote: Tested the latest LE from Milhouse 0720 from today on a RPi3+:

Amiga (WinPUAE):
I don't know about LibreELEC, but the retroarch build of P-UAE for Windows is broken. To make it work, you'll need a .uaerc file in the same directory of Kodi.exe describing paths of ROM, disks etc.
There exists however a build (Windows 64bit only) that works almost perfectly that accepts as input .uae, .adf and .hdf files (amongst others). Those interested can find it here.
(2018-07-21, 15:47)Solo0815 Wrote: FBA / MAME (via IAGL):

FBA / MAME (local ROMs):
Haha, I disabled all FBA/MAME-addons before, because I wanted to upgrade the libretro-compatibility addon (Milhouse LibreELEC) via uninstalling the old and reinstalling the new version of libretro-compatibility.
After (re-)enabling of the addons (cores), arcade-games are working at least from IAGL.

That leads to another "problem". I can't upgrade to a new version of libretro-compatibility on LE without disabling ALL the game addons. After that I forgot to reenable some of them Wink
It would be nice, if you could upgrade the compatibility-addon in future versions without disabling all game addons. This yould also be much more user-friendly.

Did some short tests yesterday and it seems that almost all beetle*-cores gave a black screen. I'll provide debug-logs for it during this week.

NES:
QuickNES is working,issues on all tested games. It seems that on starting a game, my X360 controller is reconnecting every time the core is started. I'll do further tests ...
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Hi,
I try to play NES/SNES/MD with more than 2 players. I've connected 4 SNES-USB-Controllers with a USB-Hub to my RPi3. The controllers work but in  the games I can't select 3 or 4 players.

Should that already work. If so, what have I to do?

thanks!
(2018-07-23, 10:10)garbear Wrote: New builds uploaded. Notable change: I merged savestate .xml and .sav files into a single file. Old savestates won't be loaded and will be overwritten.
 This build doesn't start (debug log)
Kodi fails to load some addon's DLLs. I've tried to replace them with files from previous builds and I've discovered that the addons affected are vfs.libarchive, vfs.rar,  game.libretro, game.shader.presets and peripheral.joystick (and maybe others?). The strange thing is that on my other PC everything works fine.
(2018-07-24, 14:43)effe.rnr Wrote: Hi,
I try to play NES/SNES/MD with more than 2 players. I've connected 4 SNES-USB-Controllers with a USB-Hub to my RPi3. The controllers work but in  the games I can't select 3 or 4 players.

For max compatibility, we default to the safest configuration (no multitaps). Until I finish the Player Manager, there's no way to change this ATM.
(2018-07-24, 15:07)ghizzu Wrote: This build doesn't start (debug log)
Kodi fails to load some addon's DLLs. I've tried to replace them with files from previous builds and I've discovered that the addons affected are vfs.libarchive, vfs.rar,  game.libretro, game.shader.presets and peripheral.joystick (and maybe others?). The strange thing is that on my other PC everything works fine. 

Jenkins shows those add-ons as passing: http://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/WIN-64/6045/

I'll launch another build for Win64. I can't test on windows ATM (only OSX) so hopefully this works.

EDIT: Found the problem. I'll upload modified (hopefully fixed) Windows builds in a few hours.
Debug-logs (all EMUs started with ROMs on local SD-card):
on RPi 3+ Milhouse 2007

MrBoom:
black screen after start, no crash. There is sound after a while. Maybe a demo play starts?
http://ix.io/1igK

NES:
bNES:
black screen with sound, high cpu-load (Kodi 115%)
FCEUmm:
Kodi crashed after starting game
http://ix.io/1igM (one debug-log for both EMUs)
crashlog: http://ix.io/1igN

Nestopia:
black screen with sound (CPU: Kodi: 62%) much better than bNES
http://ix.io/1igO

QuickNES worked without issues

SegaMasterSystem:
PicoDrive:
Addon could not be loaded. There is an unknown error (translated from german)
Code:
ERROR: AddOnLog: Sega - MS/MD/CD/32X (PicoDrive): Unable to load: /storage/.kodi/addons/game.libretro.picodrive/game.libretro.picodrive.so: unexpected reloc type 0x03
18:58:04.934 T:1938796560   ERROR: AddOnLog: Sega - MS/MD/CD/32X (PicoDrive): Failed to load /storage/.kodi/addons/game.libretro.picodrive/game.libretro.picodrive.so
18:58:04.934 T:1938796560   ERROR: ADDON: Dll Sega - MS/MD/CD/32X (PicoDrive) - Client returned bad status (5) from Create and is not usable
http://ix.io/1igQ

Genesis Plus GX worked without issues

MegaDrive/Genesis:
Genesis Plus GX worked wothout issues

PicoDrive can't be loaded (see above SegaMegaDrive)

FBA:
ZIP can't be started. Even "Play" from context menu doesn't work. I have 2 "Play" entries in the context-menu. Is that normal?
After that, I tried to start a NES game, which didn't work. A restart helped out
http://ix.io/1igZ
Edit: FBA works with IAGL, but it has only 7-8 FPS and the game is stuttering. This happens to all cores, not only FBA, that are started via IAGL.
Bugreport for zachmorris is here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2754073
Thanks for the debug logs, I'll go down the list and investigate the bugs as time allows.
(2018-07-24, 18:33)garbear Wrote:
(2018-07-24, 14:43)effe.rnr Wrote: Hi,

For max compatibility, we default to the safest configuration (no multitaps). Until I finish the Player Manager, there's no way to change this ATM.
(2018-07-24, 15:07)ghizzu Wrote: This build doesn't start (debug log)

Jenkins shows those add-ons as passing: http://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/WIN-64/6045/

I'll launch another build for Win64. I can't test on windows ATM (only OSX) so hopefully this works.

EDIT: Found the problem. I'll upload modified (hopefully fixed) Windows builds in a few hours. 
Out of curiosity, what was the problem?
(2018-07-24, 21:30)ghizzu Wrote: Out of curiosity, what was the problem?

something stupid, I built the binary add-ons in debug mode
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16