• 16(current)
[RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon
i've come across your add-on and it works flawless. I'm just wondering why some shows are missing/not listed in the add-on menu under documentary.

one of my favorite shows is "Taste of Russia".
it can be found here:
http://catalog.rt.com/en/series/taste-of-russia/

does your add-on not grab the stream from catalog.rt.com?
Version 3.0.4 adds YouTube video and ORA video playback.
A Pull Request has been issued for the kodi.org repo.
The add-on should update in a few days.
Hi there seems this new version got locked out of all the special features/shows like Keiser Report, Redacted Tonight etc. used to show only episode numbers now shows title summary but all links fail except the live feeds. Thanks for making this addon maybe RT changed how links used to work.
Version 3.0.5 fixes minor website change.
A pull request has been made for the kodi.org repo.
The add-on should update in a few days.
Great thanks for the info. Any way to get update sooner?

stwubby
is there an Addon for RT Deutsch? https://deutsch.rt.com/

Not English. Only German videos. Thank you.
Hello,

Having an error message generated and a failure to stream RT as of  today Sept 13,  The player says Youtube: Invalid parameters. This is on the Global and US streams, but the UK stream, France and Spanish are presently working.

Also from the programme archives, Crosstalk would not play,

Anyne else confirm this breakage?

Cheers
(2019-09-13, 17:27)newsbeast Wrote: Hello,

Having an error message generated and a failure to stream RT as of  today Sept 13,  The player says Youtube: Invalid parameters. This is on the Global and US streams, but the UK stream, France and Spanish are presently working.

Cheers
Having the same issue here. Global & US streams are affected with the youtube invalid parameters. 
How do we get this resolved?
Thanks.
We wait until the addon maintainer has the opportunity to examine the issue.....and effect repair as required.

Patience is key
This is a really useful addon, by the way
(2019-09-15, 17:05)newsbeast Wrote: This is a really useful addon, by the way

Yes, very much so, especially Rick Sanchez News on RT America.
It is the only way for some of us to get news not reported elsewhere.
Hope there is a fix soon.
(2019-09-15, 19:19)cosmos19 Wrote:
(2019-09-15, 17:05)newsbeast Wrote: This is a really useful addon, by the way

Yes, very much so, especially Rick Sanchez News on RT America.
It is the only way for some of us to get news not reported elsewhere.
Hope there is a fix soon. 
Personally I love  it all, but am a big fan of Crosstalk, and Keiser Report, and Redacted Tonight. And the news cast, although all news sources must stand up to scrutiny and be verifiable. No matter where the origin. So I take it all with a big grain of proverbial salt. I watch them all, CBS NBC ABC FOX CNN PBS -- check out as many press outlets NYT WP Guardian -- it's good to take in as many sources as possible if a body has the time and energy to compare coverage.
(2019-09-14, 17:43)cosmos19 Wrote:
(2019-09-13, 17:27)newsbeast Wrote: Hello,

I have been struggling to watch my favourite RT programmes last few weeks. Seems to be getting worse. I am in Scotland and cant see the log. Wouldlove to get this fixed.

Cheers
Having the same issue here. Global & US streams are affected with the youtube invalid parameters. 
How do we get this resolved?
Thanks. 
For anyone having issues with streams. Looks to me like the repository for this add-on was deleted and it is no longer being worked on. Perhaps I am mistaken.

But, these are just YouTube streams and you can simply find the links to each of the live streams via the YouTube add-on and make them favourites. Then add to menus and launch that way. I've done this and am back to enjoying an alternative point of view on world affairs.
Is anyone still maintaining this plugin? The github repo seems to be deleted and I would be interested to take over this maintenance, as there are some menu items that don't work anymore...

I also could not find the sources of this plugin on hxxps://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/tree/leia. Is there any reason why this was not integrated? I try to understand how I am able to install the plugin and not have it available in sources.

Best regards,
Bart
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon2