[RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon
(2018-04-24, 15:34)learningit Wrote: Yeah that's a pain. Some of the shows are migrating to youtube, most short clips.
I'm going to wait a bit and see if everything migrates and if so, there's really no reason to maintain this add-on as it will simple be a channel in the YT add-on.

I hear ya. why work for nothing reinventing the wheel unless you have a better wheel, or moustrap?

So then I guess it would be too much of a job to process and call the Youtube player engine when appropriate ? I like and find useful the webpage aggregation of available content that comes with the addon. This feature would be sorely missed.

So I hope if that day of full migration comes that a nice aggregation of streams appears in the YouTube addon, either in a list or with panels. I never login to youtube so I don't know what the full youtube experience offers. I do know that a search from within the youtube addon produces a lot of noise and distractions form the search keyword(s).

I don't see the RTNews offered as a live stream anywhere, only the British House of Commons Question Period, but I haven't given up on looking either. But that's a minor detail and can be easily served through a web browser.

I'll be the biggest annoyance is the other non english News streams flip back and forth between HLS and YouTube. I consume the French and Spanish streams often but do so now with a browser.

Thanks again for this truly useful addon

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon - by newsbeast - 2018-05-05, 16:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon2