Whole House Distro setup - XBMC based on VmWare ESXi 5
(2014-01-14, 02:17)nickr Wrote: You can do it on Linux without VMs too. Maybe you can on windows too, I dunno.

Lets say I was doing it on Windows with VMs. Could all my VMs access the same cablecard/cards? That way I could have a Ceton Tuner (the 6 tuner version) and then just have it so that each OS can access them?

I've looked up "good uses for VMs" and I remember the article I read, where it basically said nothing cool you could do with VMs. It was all about testing new OSes and dualbooting so you could use old hardware/run old programs. Almost useless for me since Windows 8 supports 99% of old hardware/programs that I use and there is a less annoying method to run them normally than having to run a VM. But if I could use one PC to run multiple instances of Windows on multiple HDTVs without having to have a set top box there that'd be really really cool.

I'd use Linux, but WMC is so easy to use/setup for TV Tuners. I tried setting up other software and the EPG setup was hell.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whole House Distro setup - XBMC based on VmWare ESXi 5 - by tential - 2014-01-14, 02:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Whole House Distro setup - XBMC based on VmWare ESXi 50