Win Crash When Playing Video
Hey all,

Hoping someone can assist. I've been having a lot of issues with XBMC lately. I'm running 12.2 right now on Windows 7.

If I go and try and browse my movie database through the standard movie menu via Title the XBMC gui will freeze up before I can even scroll down the list of movies and then XBMC will crash. However if I browse through another shortcut like "recently added" or do a search for a particular title or really anything other than browsing the movies by title XBMC will (so far) work fine.

Now I've done a few searches and from what I've read its likely a database issue? Though I have no way of confirming this. (or do I??)

Hoping someone can help me confirm its a database issue and secondly help me resolve this if possible. It would really suck to have to reload my database so I'd like to try and explore other options before I wipe out the db.

Note: The TV section and browsing via "file mode" seem to work without any issue.

Any thoughts?
Smacks of some sort of corruption. The debug log is the best way to see this Located C:\Users\PatK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC when attempting the browsing issue (use a text editor to see the 'error'). I suspect one corrupt file which you might be able to solve by deleting the one entry, failing that export your video library to separate files and on the safe side a full re-install... A re-scan should be relatively quick if the export was successful and all the meta-data is located locally.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Troubleshooting
Hey PatK,

Thanks for the help. Was able to locate a few files that seems to be having trouble. Seems to have resolved my issue so far. Smile

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash When Playing Video0