Apple tv white remote not working after install
I have just installed openelec xbmc on the atv1. The install went smoothly.

The issue I have is that the white apple tv remote isn't working. Some research suggests to try to kill atvclient. However I can't seem to ssh in.It says connection refused (as root) I have added the file ssh_enable in the config files folder.

Is there something I have missed. Thanks.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Try holding down menu and left while pointed at the ATV1. Or maybe it was menu and right... One of those. It's possible it just got unpaired, and one of those should fix it.
Hey Ned. Yeah sorry I should have mentioned it. I have tried those combinations. You're right, menu and left unpairs and it menu and right pairs it. No go unfortunately.

This is the forum that I found some references in http://openelec.tv/forum/111-appletv/531...l?start=30
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Ok so, I simply connected a mouse to get past the wizard which wouldn't accept the remote enter key. The remote is recognised but it responds unusually ie. the down key seems to try to play a playlist and the menu key seems to work as select. Not sure exactly what it is seeing. What is the simplest way to restore the apple remote functionality. I have copied the global keymap.xml into the keycaps folder.

Edit: Never mind Ned, re-pairing resolved it. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple tv white remote not working after install0