Win Recently added
Hi,

Yes I know this has been asked a lot already but for some reason the order for my recently added movies is completely messed up...

I have always used xbmc v12. But after adding movies I noticed that the recently added category was never correct, even though xbmc v12 claims to be looking at the file date for ordering. For some reason this doesn't work for me. Currently I have a movie file which has March 2013 as date in windows explorer, on the top of my recently added list.

I fixed this a while back by using advancedsettings.xml with following:
<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>

<dateadded>0</dateadded> <!-- 0 results in using the current datetime when adding a video;
1 (default) results in prefering to use the files mtime (if it's valid) and only using the file's ctime if the mtime isn't valid;
2 results in using the newer datetime of the file's mtime and ctime -->
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

I put this in the xbmc roaming folder.

This worked, every time a new movie was scanned it came on the top of the list.

Recently I changed my NAS so I had to delete all the sources in xbmc and re add them. Of course the recently added structure is messed up again, even with the above file.

My question: why doesn't xbmc v12 actually just use the file date you see in windows explorer? I checked, if it used that everything would be in order!

I hope someone can help out here. I already removed the advancedsettings file in hope of getting a good order by file date, but that didn't help.
When you rescraped you basically re-added the videos to the library. Using option 0, XBMC shows you the data added by date scanned in, which would be all the same day you re-setup your library.

I'm guessing the date you see in windows explorer is creation-time. XBMC prioritizes modification-time.
So, what would be a solution in my case then? I dont recall modifying the files though. I also tried option 2 in xml file, all stays the same( or do you have to re add everything to see any effect?)
Yes, the setting only applies to newly added files.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
And what setting do I need then in my case? So if I want to work with file creation date?
*edit: and yes I also use an art work downloader
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=163922

However I didn't use it for the movies that are currently on top. I did copy files from NAS to NAS, so maybe that's also an issue.

I also checked and the modified/creation date in Windows explorer aren't that far away. For the file that's currently on the top of my recent added it's actually a modified date from back in March as well.

*edit: fixed by using default method, since the artwork downloader has more seperate times now. It's still not a 100% but fuck it.
I don't get why they switched to this new method. If you add a movie that you already had for a while (for example an older movie) and then you decide to add it, you won't see it in the recently added list because those file dates are old.. I now scraped it with default method to have some sort of correct order, but now I enabled the Eden way again, so it's correct again from now on.
Why'd they do it? You've already found out why - for new libraries, with the old default, every item would be added with the same time and date. Now, items are added to the library with the approximate time and date you added them to your NAS (which for many people will also be when they were scrapped into the media library). It's better.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently added0