opinion about Zotac ZBOXes
To answer your question about Windows... I do not run Windows on my media box, since I use them almost exclusively for XBMC. At the moment I am running XBMCbuntu on it, but it's had a few different flavors of Linux on it. I do also run Skype, with a webcam, for making calls to family, etc. However, this about the only thing I do on the box besides XBMC. In fact, I don't even store my library on it anymore; I have gone to NAS storage exclusively. If you want to do more, I would agree that the older Atom processors are definitely under powered. However, the newer Zotac lines already have better CPUs in them; so that shouldn't be as much of a problem for you.

The older processor I'm running right now is quite stable under Linux, but I'm pretty sure would just grind to a halt with Windows. I really only use Windows at work, because I have to for some things, and for my gaming PC because it's got just way too much bloat in it. I work in IT and deal with Windows and Linux both on a daily basis. Whenever possible I tend to go with Linux just because I can strip out all the crap I don't need/want; not to mention the ridiculous licensing costs for Microsoft products these day.

Peace,
Kelly Shutt
(2013-10-02, 17:07)xfrogs Wrote: I have a Zbox Nano XS AD13 and it's running openelec with Aeon Nox skin very smoothly. The box is really small and barely noticable next to my tv. It also comes with a remote but instead I'm using my harmony one remote.

- streaming 1080p mkv's on a network is no problem at all
- streaming youtube from the net goes fast too

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
opinion about Zotac ZBOXes0