SMB sharing.., Been through the manuals
ok kool i ll do that. i m on winxp.
okay.. and make sure you have no firewalls running.

that includes winxp firewall, norton, symantec.. anything.

also, make sure your router allows the connection through.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i actually just fixed an issue with one of my winxp computers. i wasnt able to browse to it, but i could connect to a share just fine. after many hours of googling, i found this page which has lots of info:

http://www.techbuilder.org/recipes....le=true
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
u guys r the best. thx for lending helping hands like this. i really appreciate it and i hope others do as well.

ok check it... putting in the ip manually worked (without stopping windows firewall). but the thing is its not running how it usually does. normally when i start a video file thats streaming from my pc, it starts up rite away and i can watch it. but this time, by putting in the ip manually as tslayer suggested (i put it throughout the entire xboxmediacenter.html file), i m getting maybe a 2 minute delay before the movie starts. it says all this stuff about caching now when it didnt before. i d like for it to work the way it was before when the video files would load rite away when i started em, but this temp fix will do for now. that doesnt mean i m gonna stop trying tho! i ll still upload the entire log file on my aol webspace, and i ll try out what kraqh3d found rite now.

thx a mil again and lets keep at this. i m sure we can fix this back to normal and hopefully it will help others in the future.

heres the entire log file in a zip.

http://members.aol.com/camoninja2000/xbmclog.zip
did you make sure to disable the debug that was set? that will cause slowness!

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

the video's stuttering. i ll disable the debug and pray this goes away. did anybody see anything in the log?

voila! it works fine now! my ip changed on my xbox, but i m not sure why that happened... in any case, i adjusted to the situation and switching the debug levels back to normal made everything run smooth again. i m wondering what made my xbmc go haywire to begin with. my laptop was fine with it, but my desktop gave problems. now i m gonna have to adjust things for my laptop once i try to stream from there. i m praying i dont run into this prob again!!!!! i edited my 2nd post in this thread, inserting the finally fix u guys came up with for my situation, so people could see it as soon as they entered the thread lookin for help. thx again and again!  :fixed:

well his problem really helped me figure out to finally network my xbox and pc without using flashfxp or the i-net. but now that i can browse folders, it's now asking me for passwords. is there just a standard default password that i overlooked somewhere?
(dlew86 @ feb. 10 2006,23:15 Wrote:well his problem really helped me figure out to finally network my xbox and pc without using flashfxp or the i-net. but now that i can browse folders, it's now asking me for passwords. is there just a standard default password that i overlooked somewhere?
no standard pw. depending on your winxp install, the default for file sharing is to require a valid user. if you want anonymous access you have to enable it specifically for each shared folder. (in the sharing properties, add a "guest" user entry. doesn't matter if you have the guest account turned on btw.)
sorry but when i click on the properties of the folder it's just asking if i want to nake the folder private or if i want to share it on the network it doesnt say anything about account and usernames.
nvm guys i guess when i restarted my comp last night it messed something up. i just clcik on "run" and entered in "net user guest / active:yes" and that fixed the problem. thanks for the input guys.
ironically, i have a linux nas which has always connected fine until i did an xbe update, now the damn thing asks for a password so i went back to teh 10th.
(dlew86 @ feb. 11 2006,07:15 Wrote:well his problem really helped me figure out to finally network my xbox and pc without using flashfxp or the i-net. but now that i can browse folders, it's now asking me for passwords. is there just a standard default password that i overlooked somewhere?
good to see this helped someone. i think the pw thing is cuz u didnt have a guest account enabled in the user accounts section of ur control panel on xp. that command u entered in run should come in handy one day for me. i ve never seen or heard of it before. so thx for that :thumbsup:
people keep telling me that the guest user account doesn't have to be enabled. all you have to do is use that command. i've turned off the guest user account and it does work like that. i got that command from kraqh3d somewhere in this thread he had a link to a page. it came in handy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB sharing.., Been through the manuals0