90 degree rotation.
Apologies if this has been requested in the past.

I use XBMC for 99 percent of all viewing, a lot of which is from the sofa. I was wandering if it would be possible to have, along with the various zoom and view options, an option to rotate video 90 degrees left or right.
This would be really useful for watching when laid down in bed etc.

Is it possible?
Yours lazily. :-)
What OS are you using? For most OSes (various Linux distros, Windows, Mac OS X) it's possible to handle this on the OS level and have it be transparent to XBMC. Should even be possible to toggle it with a keystroke combination or remote button.
the picture will be very small though Wink
I think he's referring to smartphone/tablet videos that are recorded in portrait mode and not landscape.
No he is not ... Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
ah, have missed the relevant part on the first quick read Smile
Doesn't your brain sort of compensate for the fact that your viewing angle is 90 degrees off from the image presentation (spoken by someone who sometimes falls asleep while watching TV/XBMC on the couch)? Smile
I'd like to see rotation implemented in the Android/ios builds. I could see it being quite useful for people who may want to use it as their default media app as in a mobile situation it's much more practical to use a device in portrait mode than landscape.
good luck with a 16:9 skin in portrait mode - it will be squeezed and stretched and not be usable at all - so that's a no-go atm.
(2013-10-08, 22:47)da-anda Wrote: good luck with a 16:9 skin in portrait mode - it will be squeezed and stretched and not be usable at all - so that's a no-go atm.

Well yes this would obviously require skin support but the underlying functionality isn't present atm. Once this was done confluence (and others) would need to be redone in a portrait format.
Hi, is there anyway to rotate video control for skin by 90 degree? I'm building another portrait skin for kodi, but had issue when playing video, it can rotate to landscape. Thanks in advance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
90 degree rotation.1