Web Server wont start
I have an issue where the webserver will not start. I have tried the following:

1. Removed all antivirus and firewall
  2. Changed the port
  3. Changes / removed usernames and passwords
  4. uninstalled and reinstalled including removing profile

Nothing has worked and I am still unable to access the webserver. When I change the port, XBMC just hangs.

My log file is at http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=68020

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
So that log I am assuming is when you change the port and XBMC just hangs?

Can you put it back to the default port and post a full debug log?

also on your windows box can you run this command from a dos prompt and paste the output:

netstat -n | find "8080"
יונתן בן-חיים
(2013-10-10, 17:04)nokdim Wrote: So that log I am assuming is when you change the port and XBMC just hangs?

Can you put it back to the default port and post a full debug log?

also on your windows box can you run this command from a dos prompt and paste the output:

netstat -n | find "8080"

Thank you for the help. Super frustrating issue.

Yes, XBMC just hangs.
Here is the full debug http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=68038
I ran the netstat and there is not output.

Thanks again.
I have an issue where the webserver will not start. I have tried the following:

- Removed all antivirus and firewall
- Changed the port
- Changes / removed usernames and passwords
- uninstalled and reinstalled including removing profile

When I change the port, XBMC just hangs.

Here is the full debug http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=68038

I also ran the netstat and there is not output.

Nothing has worked and I am still unable to access the webserver.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated
So I run XBMC 11 Eden myself so I am not sure what the logs look like in Frodo but in my log I have:

15:42:22 T:140407799011232 NOTICE: WebServer: Started the webserver
15:42:22 T:140407389304576 DEBUG: CZeroconfAvahi::doPublishService identifier: servers.webserver type: _http._tcp name:XBMC-Livin port:8080

this is when I enable debug and stop and start the webserver via the GUI.

I would hope that in V12 they still log the start and stop of the webserver since this is hard thing to troubleshoot without a log.

Can you enable debug and do and enable and disable the webserver in the GUI and see what you get?
I do not see any instance of webserver in your log but again that might be a Version 12 thing compared to my Version 11.

Also I run on linux and not windows, have you tried right clicking on XBMC and run as administrator as opposed to your standard user and see if there is any difference?

Since netstat resulted nothing it doesn't seem like anything else is trying to use the default port so...

Also you say you can't access the webserver but can you explain what you are trying to do i.e. browse with web browser? connect with XBMC remote? send library or notification commands?
יונתן בן-חיים
@rmikulec,

Please don't cross-post. Threads merged.
I have tried enabling and disabling. Nothing happens and there is no result from netstat. Again, any changes to the port makes xbmc hang. Webserver never starts.

I am trying to setup the remote and MyLibrary.
Ok so I got Frodo XBMC (12.2 Git:20130502-32b1a5e), Platform: Windows 7 SP1 64-bit loaded.

This is what I see in my logs:

21:37:00 T:7688 NOTICE: WebServer: Started the webserver
21:37:01 T:7688 NOTICE: Webserver: Stopping...
21:37:01 T:7688 NOTICE: WebServer: Stopped the webserver
21:37:01 T:7688 NOTICE: Webserver: Stopped...

I did have an issue with IE connecting so I used firefox and it worked.

for netstat I think I left off the -a option so try again and try to run XBMC as admin and do a netstat -aon | find "8080" and netstat -aonb | find "XBMC" and see what you get.
Also when you have the web server enabled try and telnet to 127.0.0.1 port 8080 so from dos type "telnet 127.0.0.1 8080" and see what you get.

You do say you removed firewall and anti virus is there anything else on your system that limits tcp port access?
יונתן בן-חיים
I did have an issue with IE connecting so I used firefox and it worked.
I tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome with no success.

for netstat I think I left off the -a option so try again and try to run XBMC as admin and do a netstat -aon | find "8080" and netstat -aonb | find "XBMC" and see what you get.
I ran both commands with no success. I also have nextpvr on the same system running on port 8866. It does respond to both web browser and netstat.

Also when you have the web server enabled try and telnet to 127.0.0.1 port 8080 so from dos type "telnet 127.0.0.1 8080" and see what you get.
No response

You do say you removed firewall and anti virus is there anything else on your system that limits tcp port access?
I closed all running programs, the went into task manager and stopped all non essential services. I still have the same problem. I have almost nothing running on this unit at all.

I am almost to the point of reformatting the entire computer and starting again.

Thank you for all the help.!
Have you tried to run XBMC as admin?

based on the troubleshooting so far it looks like XBMC cant open a TCP port so until netstat shows its listening or you can telnet to 127.0.0.1 port 8080 you will not get anything in a browser or with the remote.
יונתן בן-חיים

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web Server wont start0