Scan for new content duplicates content in xbmc
(2013-11-08, 19:12)uNiversal Wrote: Check that the paths in database for the items being duplicated are the same path only for both original and duplicate entries, if they differ you have a problem and you found the reason, also what diligaf said is another valid way this issue can happen.

Yes paths/Sources are stored in databases and sources.xml if any of these have differing information for paths in all entries old and duplicated then look at fixing it up.

if i would like to check it in the database itself , where exactly do i need to find the path names ?

i opened workbench , made the connection and have the tables etc. but i can't seem to find real entry's ...

can you guide me to a example ?
pfffff ,

yesterday i again removed all the old links , believe me there are allot of them so to be clear i removed all the

\\servername\share\ links in xbmc

the i double checked the sources file if it was correct and indeed , it is linked to smb://servername/share

i checked my tv-shows and movies in movie or tvshow information , they are all linked to smb://servername/share

again when i do the freaking update library , everything gets duplicated with a \\servername\share ...

i'm following the instructions i'm getting but nothing seems to help

thank god i ran a backup yesterday , so i can restore it if it goas to hell (like now)

can you please give me some more instructions ?

ow and another thing ,

i made an exclusion of a particular folder i don't want to have updated , gues what ... al the movies in there are getting imported to ...
Try manually editing your sources.xml to look like this:

<video>
<default pathversion="1"></default>
<source>
<name>Movies</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://servername/sharename</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>Movies1</name>
<path pathversion="1">\\servername\sharename</path>
</source>
</video>

There will be other sources in your sources.xml, leave these, you're just adding the \\servername\sharename listing to what's there

Then restart xbmc, you should now have 2 sources listed under files, right click on the new source and set its content type as movies, you'll be prompted to scan it in answer no and restart xbmc again, now go to videos>files and right click remove the new source, you should be prompted to removefrom library, answer yes and this should remove your duplicates. If this doesn't work then drop the video library completely and rescan
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2013-11-09, 11:15)Dilligaf Wrote: Try manually editing your sources.xml to look like this:

<video>
<default pathversion="1"></default>
<source>
<name>Movies</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://servername/sharename</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>Movies1</name>
<path pathversion="1">\\servername\sharename</path>
</source>
</video>

There will be other sources in your sources.xml, leave these, you're just adding the \\servername\sharename listing to what's there

Then restart xbmc, you should now have 2 sources listed under files, right click on the new source and set its content type as movies, you'll be prompted to scan it in answer no and restart xbmc again, now go to videos>files and right click remove the new source, you should be prompted to removefrom library, answer yes and this should remove your duplicates. If this doesn't work then drop the video library completely and rescan

hi mate,

i believe this solution should work , it has something to do with the content scanning , i deleted my library yesterday in mysql and set my content again , after updating the library several times i don't get duplicates anymore ...

so the problems must be the "set content" part ... now i'm not shure if i should set a backup back and try your option or just set al the movies i watched to watched again ....
You deleted the database and issue is corrected?

In any case backup existing and take it from here. If it isnt broken dont fix it.
(2013-11-11, 13:02)uNiversal Wrote: You deleted the database and issue is corrected?

In any case backup existing and take it from here. If it isnt broken dont fix it.

yeah backup exists from before the duplication problem , but there happend allot in a few days so i would have to return to a week ago and in that time i did allot of updating on the library to ,

easyest thing is to set all my content to watched again and start clean Smile

i'm only having a additional question again Smile , the "set content information" is that also a xml file thats stored in the profile of xmbc ? or do i only have to copy the sources and advancedsettings file and add the content manually on my second xbmc ?
Set content I think is set in database or if not its via the scraper.

Setup one machine once it works as you expect copy the advancedsettings.xml and source.xml to the other machine, as long as their same versions of xbmc should work fine and even if same OS just copy the whole userdata folder from one to other.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scan for new content duplicates content in xbmc0