Visualizer appears behind dialog window
Hi everyone. I'm writing a music streaming script that often plays an album while a dialog is being shown. (I'm using dialog instead of window for aesthetics to have a transparent window background). When the visualizer activates, it appears behind the dialog. Anyone know of a technique to make sure it's on top of the dialog?
The controls of a WindowDialog container are always displayed of top of XBMC UI - this is an inherent property of WindowDialog. You need either to use Window class or hide your WindowDialog while music is played by calling close().
Gotcha. How about a way to tell when the visualizer gets turned on? In my case I've got the visualizer set as my screensaver with a 2 min wait, which of course is a variable use-specified time that could be nearly anything. Is there an 'onAction' code for the screensaver or visualizer activation? I don't see anything in the debug log when either one activates.

Thanks for your help.

-Jerimiah
(2013-11-01, 18:41)jerimiah797 Wrote: Gotcha. How about a way to tell when the visualizer gets turned on? In my case I've got the visualizer set as my screensaver with a 2 min wait, which of course is a variable use-specified time that could be nearly anything. Is there an 'onAction' code for the screensaver or visualizer activation? I don't see anything in the debug log when either one activates.

Thanks for your help.

-Jerimiah

I'm not sure about a screensaver, but if your add-on plays music, you can do this via xbmc.Player class instance and re-implement onPlayBackStarted() and onPlayBackStopped methods to determine when playback starts/stops. I think I saw a topic about this here recently.
Okay that should work. Thanks for the ideas.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Visualizer appears behind dialog window0