• 90(current)
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
dmd, you da fking man.

Streaming encrypted files works great. Tested it on an Android Marshmallow TV box in case you were wondering.... it doesn't work. Guessing Android isn't pre-fitted with crypto libraries.
(2017-07-15, 06:40)SEIKT Wrote: dmd, you da fking man.

Streaming encrypted files works great. Tested it on an Android Marshmallow TV box in case you were wondering.... it doesn't work. Guessing Android isn't pre-fitted with crypto libraries.

Yes, on android, the modules need to be copied over. Some discussion here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224442

I haven't tried it myself yet. It would be nice if the KODI install included them by default.

Here is an easter egg. When you've played something in KODI, you can stop it and then open up a 3rd party video player and navigate to the url http://localhost:8012/play (or whatever port you defined in settings), and the content will playback there. Tested in VLC. Also works from browsers (except for some reason chrome with encrypted content -- not sure if it is just the media codec or an issue, I see chrome making repeated calls, and there is no errors. Chrome will work with this easter egg with non-encrypted content). Once all the issues are worked out, it'll be a handy alternative way to view and play encrypted content outside of KODI (I'm making the plugin stand-alone).
(2017-07-15, 13:37)dmdsoftware Wrote:

Yes, on android, the modules need to be copied over. Some discussion here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224442

I haven't tried it myself yet. It would be nice if the KODI install included them by default.

Here is an easter egg. When you've played something in KODI, you can stop it and then open up a 3rd party video player and navigate to the url http://localhost:8012/play (or whatever port you defined in settings), and the content will playback there. Tested in VLC. Also works from browsers (except for some reason chrome with encrypted content -- not sure if it is just the media codec or an issue, I see chrome making repeated calls, and there is no errors. Chrome will work with this easter egg with non-encrypted content). Once all the issues are worked out, it'll be a handy alternative way to view and play encrypted content outside of KODI (I'm making the plugin stand-alone).

Sounds wicked. Looking forward to it.

Some issues I've encountered streaming encrypted files include:

Marking STRM's as watched feature does not operate with encrypted files. Works great with non encrypted files.

Resume support both local & cloub_db do not function with encrypted files.
(2017-07-17, 09:11)SEIKT Wrote:
(2017-07-15, 13:37)dmdsoftware Wrote:

Sounds wicked. Looking forward to it.

Some issues I've encountered streaming encrypted files include:

Marking STRM's as watched feature does not operate with encrypted files. Works great with non encrypted files.

Resume support both local & cloub_db do not function with encrypted files.

Do you mean watching STRMs as watched for cloud status or local?

Local resume seems hit and miss when I test. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Whenever I'm ready to debug, it works. The odd time I'm trying to playback something with a resume point and not setup to catch the debug, it doesn't work. So this may take some more time. Cloud resume is not tied in yet.
The crypto definitely needs a few fixes. Right now a video plays back in KODI and VLC fine using it, but struggles to start in Chrome or Chromium. Likewise in GNOME video. I had some success in Firefox and some videos show corrupt video, but it may do more with the codec of the video and general streamable nature of the video. I need to do further testing with a video that works in all players via my streamer class, encrypt it and try it again.
(2017-07-20, 15:25)dmdsoftware Wrote: Do you mean watching STRMs as watched for cloud status or local?

Local resume seems hit and miss when I test. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Whenever I'm ready to debug, it works. The odd time I'm trying to playback something with a resume point and not setup to catch the debug, it doesn't work. So this may take some more time. Cloud resume is not tied in yet.

To be 100% clear, I was referring to the experimental feature "Update Movie db watch status" using strm files. Doesn't work with strms that point to encrypted files.
(2017-07-21, 03:33)SEIKT Wrote:
(2017-07-20, 15:25)dmdsoftware Wrote: Do you mean watching STRMs as watched for cloud status or local?

To be 100% clear, I was referring to the experimental feature "Update Movie db watch status" using strm files. Doesn't work with strms that point to encrypted files.

Ok, thx. But it works for non-encrypted for you?
(2017-07-14, 12:43)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2017-07-14, 11:08)vassagopc Wrote:
(2017-07-07, 02:52)dmdsoftware Wrote: Not sure what you mean by alle the files in file mode.

- i open the video-addon/gdrive
- i select the active account (at the window where u can see "enroll" etc.)
- it logs in to my gdrive and i can browse through the folders i have at gdrive, can select a video name.mkv and it starts to play it without any failures.

Sorry for my bad english

You can right click on the video file or on a folder of video files and "export to STRM" and it will create files on your disk. Then you can use File browsing in KODI to select a STRM and playback.

thank you, now the strms are working.
The created strm-file from your add-on has a crypted filename and the username of the gdrive add-on:

plugin://plugin.video.gdrive/?mode=video&username=gdriveuser&filename=0ByMW0ryX9_wqYXQwMjl4a05FeXM&title=Final.movie.mkv

the old one looks like:

plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=playvideo&title=Final.movie.mkv

Now i have the problem, that the new .strm is only working for me.

Is there a possibility to get the crypted filename of the .mkv file without your plugin? So i can create a .strm file working for all users.
(2017-07-21, 07:27)vassagopc Wrote:
(2017-07-14, 12:43)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2017-07-14, 11:08)vassagopc Wrote: - i open the video-addon/gdrive
- i select the active account (at the window where u can see "enroll" etc.)
- it logs in to my gdrive and i can browse through the folders i have at gdrive, can select a video name.mkv and it starts to play it without any failures.

Sorry for my bad english

You can right click on the video file or on a folder of video files and "export to STRM" and it will create files on your disk. Then you can use File browsing in KODI to select a STRM and playback.

thank you, now the strms are working.
The created strm-file from your add-on has a crypted filename and the username of the gdrive add-on:

plugin://plugin.video.gdrive/?mode=video&username=gdriveuser&filename=0ByMW0ryX9_wqYXQwMjl4a05FeXM&title=Final.movie.mkv

the old one looks like:

plugin://plugin.video.gdrive?mode=playvideo&title=Final.movie.mkv

Now i have the problem, that the new .strm is only working for me.

Is there a possibility to get the crypted filename of the .mkv file without your plugin? So i can create a .strm file working for all users.

The old links should still work for you. Let me know if they don't. In the case of your second link, it does a search against your account and plays back first Final.movie.mkv it finds. The first link is more preferred because it ensures that particular video is played back, even if you rename it. The 0B...eM is the resource ID for that file. These links will work for anyone who has access to the file, they are unique to each file but not to each user. You can figure out the resource ID for any file in the Google Drive website but right clicking on a file and selecting sharing link. The sharing link with have the resource ID in the URL, and you can use this.

Hope t makes sense.

If you are having playback problems with the second link, let me know.
I had g drive set up to never transcode. Now none of my files will play in the original format. I did not change any settings it just stopped playing .The only way files will play is if they transcode. The original quality files will not play
(2017-07-21, 05:20)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2017-07-21, 03:33)SEIKT Wrote:

Conducted more testing for certainty sake.

Initially I assumed the feature worked for all strms pointing to non-encrypted files as I tested one strm file and when the video ended, Kodi marked it as watched. After testing other strm files that point to non-encrypted files, I can say I got lucky the first run as no other strm files that I have tested so far have been marked as watched. The first file still gets marked as watched though.

Off topic - can encrypt_dir in encryptFolder.py be edited to print/return the name of the encrypted file it creates?
(2017-07-21, 13:06)dmdsoftware Wrote: The old links should still work for you. Let me know if they don't. In the case of your second link, it does a search against your account and plays back first Final.movie.mkv it finds. The first link is more preferred because it ensures that particular video is played back, even if you rename it. The 0B...eM is the resource ID for that file. These links will work for anyone who has access to the file, they are unique to each file but not to each user. You can figure out the resource ID for any file in the Google Drive website but right clicking on a file and selecting sharing link. The sharing link with have the resource ID in the URL, and you can use this.

Hope t makes sense.

If you are having playback problems with the second link, let me know.

I'm installed SPMC instead of Kodi and now the "old" links are working apart from one minor flaw.

The Information-window with "open stream" text, which is displaying at the center of the screen if I select a video.
The playback starts.. but the information-windows ist still viewable.

Log:
https://pastebin.com/jvRDzEXT

Screenshot of playback with window

http://i.imgur.com/ERTFdDO.jpg
@vassagopc

Please provide full logs only.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-07-22, 04:55)keithcq71 Wrote: I had g drive set up to never transcode. Now none of my files will play in the original format. I did not change any settings it just stopped playing .The only way files will play is if they transcode. The original quality files will not play

Free account or paid account? Try navigating to the file in Google Drive website and "download". Does it download? If not, what is the error? If it doesn't download, try right click on the file in Google Drive website, "make a copy". Try downloading from the site the "copy of...". Does it download? Now try to playback that file from Google Drive plugin. Does it playback?
(2017-07-22, 06:23)SEIKT Wrote:
(2017-07-21, 05:20)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2017-07-21, 03:33)SEIKT Wrote: To be 100% clear, I was referring to the experimental feature "Update Movie db watch status" using strm files. Doesn't work with strms that point to encrypted files.

Conducted more testing for certainty sake.

Initially I assumed the feature worked for all strms pointing to non-encrypted files as I tested one strm file and when the video ended, Kodi marked it as watched. After testing other strm files that point to non-encrypted files, I can say I got lucky the first run as no other strm files that I have tested so far have been marked as watched. The first file still gets marked as watched though.

Off topic - can encrypt_dir in encryptFolder.py be edited to print/return the name of the encrypted file it creates?

I think I may know what is going on with the STRM watch status. I think I can fix that. Will try my idea around it tonight.

For the encryption, output like this would work?

originalfolder -> encryptedfolder
originalfolder/originalfile -> encryptedfolder/encryptedfile.

I've been meaning to replace the encryptFolder.py with the correct one that does subfolders as well.
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12