Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2014-05-28, 14:36)stickemup Wrote: Is there a way to force refresh what the gdrive plugin sees on my google drive? I upload something and I can see it immediately there on the web but it seems like forever until the plugin sees it as well. Restarting isn't even working.

The pluggin doesn't actually cache the entries (at this point anyways). What you are seeing is that the videos you have uploaded have not yet been processed by Google. They will show up in your Google Drive account online, but they are not considered videos at this stage. If you click on them, they'll tell you playback is not possible yet as they have not been processed. You may only download the video. It can take minutes, hours or days for a video to be processed. Once google processes it, it becomes available to stream. At this point, the plugin will see it as a video.

I normally only display files that are marked as videos or audio (that are playable), so as to hide non-playable content like documents and spreadsheets. If a compromise that is acceptable to, I could try to identify these videos that are not yet payable and display them to the user with a caption to indicate that the video may only been playbacked back through disk/memory cache (not streamed). Sounds good?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dmdsoftware - 2014-05-29, 18:38
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12