Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2014-11-14, 16:45)ashlar Wrote: But is it supposed to be like this? I downloaded the Kodi software from the official source, I didn't compile it myself or anything.

Also, what about speeds? Am I the only one seeing slow downloads from gDrive, when from the browser it goes ten times as fast?

I also wanted to point out this to you, in case it might help in resuming files and skippin forward and backward:

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/1...ntry765197

This guy is adapting FuseFS to Google Drive and regarding streaming mentions this (which I guess it refers to the gDrive API, but I might be wrong):

"The streaming bit is quite simple, when you download the file, just add in your header options the "Range: bytes=x-y" and it will download chunks of it."

0.4.0 is in the unstable branch because it has some experimental code that I'm working on for advanced features such as encryption. The out-of-box KODI doesn't support encryption, but it can be installed separately.

Yes, it is the Google Drive/Docs API that one uses to interact with Google Drive via a plugin.

For downloading we hand over the URL to the source file to KODI to playback, so if it has speed issues, its because of the way it buffers the file. Streaming / Transcoding mode is done the same way, but it is passed a Transcoded Google Drive stream at the designated resolution and quality. I would expect the streaming one to be more limited in speed.

There is that Disk mode that I have in options that today just uses Memory mode, which passes it to KODI to playback. The intention of the Disk mode will be download the file through the plugin and initiate the playback directly from within the plugin (bypassing KODI altogether). It sounds like this is what you really would need to test to ensure the maximum speed is reached. The current versions just default back to Memory even if you select Disk, as I am still doing testing on it. If you want to test this out to report back if the speed issue is gone, I can generate you a special custom version with the Disk mode enabled.

Let me know.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dmdsoftware - 2014-11-14, 16:57
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12