Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
Definitely available to test whatever you want to shoot in my direction. I'm trying with 0.3.3 and the behaviour is strange, with the advancedsettings.xml I posted before, the cache increases (with O I can see it increasing) but it keeps on downloading at around 10Mbps, a tenth of the theoretical limit (one that is nearly reached when downloading from the webapp for gDrive).

But yes, do send me stuff to test. More than glad to help, if I can.

Edit: reading what you wrote I tried one more thing. Set the plugin to memory cache and changed the network settings to this:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>629145600</cachemembuffersize>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<readbufferfactor>10000</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

But still no significant improvement. I'm playing back a 5Mbps file and the cache is increasing steadily (this file plays perfectly, I want to be clear) but it seems, even looking at task manager (Windows 8.1 here) that bandwidth download still oscillates from 11 to 2Mbps, as if something is "stopping it" from reaching full speed. From what you wrote, with 600MB of cache available, I'd expect that to be filled up as fast as possible. But this still doesn't seem to be the case.

Edit 2: I reverted to Gotham 13.2 and with the above settings speed stays the same. But I've noticed another thing. There's no way of seeking, even when fully cached. I mean, I'm now watching am episode of a tv show. I have the full 600MB cached, but I can't skip ahead, not even 30 seconds. It doesn't make any sense... Huh
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by ashlar - 2014-11-14, 17:04
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12