Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2014-11-14, 17:04)ashlar Wrote: Definitely available to test whatever you want to shoot in my direction. I'm trying with 0.3.3 and the behaviour is strange, with the advancedsettings.xml I posted before, the cache increases (with O I can see it increasing) but it keeps on downloading at around 10Mbps, a tenth of the theoretical limit (one that is nearly reached when downloading from the webapp for gDrive).

But yes, do send me stuff to test. More than glad to help, if I can.

You do bring a good point about buffering in KODI. I noticed in the past with KODI running on Raspberry Pi, streaming through HTTPS randomly fails, or even worse, causes the device to reboot. It was all around the way it buffers. In general, I find the buffering usually useful.

I started working on this "Disk" caching as a way to work around the streaming issue with HTTPS on the Raspberry Pi. I never even thought about it being useful for other things --- focused on getting streams to work, not bothering to check if they are being hampered by buffering/caching issues.

I'll ping you sometime today with a build for you to test. It'll be a 0.4.1 (or something like that), where I disable the encryption logic and enable the disk caching.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dmdsoftware - 2014-11-14, 18:06
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12