Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2014-11-15, 12:44)ashlar Wrote: Hi! Installed this new version, configured it with different chunk sizes but the result was always the same.

Basically, the file starts, it starts getting cached (as an .mp4 file, although it was an .mkv, but that doesn't seem to be the problem, as XBMC seems to parse it correctly) and it stops just as soon as playback starts.

I had a look at the log file and the crucial point seems to be this:
Code:
11:26:37 T:9104   DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity2 - was:2032486.394418, should be:2003383.045888, error:-29103.348530
11:26:38 T:9104   DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio - CDVDMsg::GENERAL_EOF
11:26:38 T:9104 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
11:26:39 T:6940 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
11:26:39 T:10044    INFO: CDVDPlayer::Process - eof reading from demuxer
11:26:39 T:10044  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
11:26:39 T:10044  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: eof, waiting for queues to empty

Basically, it reaches end of file as soon as playback starts (I tried playing the cache file with MPC-HC and the same seems to happen).

The good news is: download speed is what is supposed to be, as fast as it can basically. Extra bad news is: even though the file stops playing, download keeps going. You need to exit XBMC to make it stop.

Full log here: http://pastebin.com/AfuF6aNf

Also, a strange thing: I uploaded a big file (it's a rip of my Planet Earth BluRay collection, 9GB with an average bitrate of about 23Mbps) to check download performance, anticipating your new build. Now, the plugin doesn't see the file. It sees the directory I created. I went to the web interface and, in fact, the file hadn't been processed yet. But now it's been processed and the plugin still doesn't see it.
EDIT: after 10 minutes or so that the file had been processed by Drive, it appeared in the plugin as well.

What was the size of the file you tested (in the first case)? The progress bar in the app only reflects the progress on the first 100 chunks, before it starts playback. It should continue to download the rest of the file after playback starts (or fails). You should see the filesize continuing to increase even if there is no activity going on. Then again, it could be the case where the plugin is erroring and stopping. When I tested, even if I caused the playback or plugin to error out, the thread downloading the video would continue.

I'm looking at the log you provided and doing some other testing on other files, but my first guess is the file was probably a large file and not enough of it was downloaded before the playback started. I should base the decision on how large the file is. That or there is an issue with MKV files.

Ignoring the progress bar, etc, are you seeing download speed issues when the file is downloading via the network tools? It is bypassing XBMC's buffering and caching controls.

As you guessed, the extension on the cache file doesn't matter. Matter of fact, most of my media files don't have extensions. Playback through normal means doesn't rely on the file type extension. With that said, I tested with MP4, AVI and MPG files of various types.

In your second case, while the file is in processing, it won't show up in the plugin as it's not classified as playback capable. I will probably start listing them perhaps with a denotation that it'll only playback in original format until processed.

EDIT: The termination because running for more than 5 seconds is a little disturbing. If the file indeed stopped downloading, that might be the case. I assume your file is of large size?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dmdsoftware - 2014-11-15, 15:58
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12