Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2014-11-15, 17:26)ashlar Wrote: Hmmm... strange. I think it might depend on the initial speed burst. If it's fast enough, then fine. If it's not, then the file stops playing. Could you maybe add some sort of buffer percentage to reach before starting playback?

I mean, I am currently streaming the aforementioned Planet Earth backup from bluray, with an average bitrate of 23 Mbps. It's being downloaded at much higher speeds and it's not giving any problem. Just before, I tried with a much lower bitrate file (both are mkv) and it stops like before (see previous post). I suspect it depends on the initial moment, if it doesn't start fast enough, XBMC spits it out. Smile Hence the buffer idea.

Edit: Yup, the same file that refused to playback is now playing perfectly. I really think it's just a matter of waiting a little bit for the download to get up to speed before playing back the partially downloaded file.

Edit 2: yup, trying back and forth... it's random. Some times the file gets played back, some other time it stops (but download is always correct and fast, and playable through MPC-HC while downloading). My guess is about the initial speed, when XBMC starts playing but doesn't have enough "info" about the file.

Correct, that is what I'm suspecting as well.

I'll be adding a third option to specify buffer level before playback (in %).

More advanced, there are ways to override the XBMC player itself. I've done this in a few other plugins. I'm intending to do the same for this plugin, which would allow me to "pause" playback if it ran out of buffer, delete cache file after playback (based on user's settings), also detect if the file is already cached locally from the plugin to play back the local file instead of streaming it from the server.

The MKV file I was testing is a fairly extreme. 43 second video at 360MB. With the bit rate, resolution, etc, if it were a 45 min video, it would be 11.6GB.

I'm intending on uploading my HD-DVD and bluray collection to Google Drive. I ripped the discs last year, they range from around 10-47GB per media file. I'll need to be splitting them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dmdsoftware - 2014-11-15, 18:43
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12