Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2014-11-21, 17:59)ashlar Wrote: Hi! Any news on development? Smile

I was going to update you last night. I implemented the % to download before watching, but I'm having trouble gathering the filesize. It is a standard to relay a content-length between client and server in both directions when uploading or downloading content, but the google server download doesn't relay a content-length. So from a client end, the client doesn't know how large the file until it has received the connection close from google (indicating the transfer is done), or by examining the media header on the media file (min count etc).

I figured out a "slight" workaround which is to make a call to google to gather information about the quota-size-on-server for the media file. So I started incorporating this to figure out the %. It will work with "downloading" the "original" file. But I was going to extend this to the transcoded streams so that users are able to "download" google's transcoded versions of the media, but of course there is no way to gather the size of these. A dirty workaround I guess is to come up with a formula to figure out approx what the size would be based on the original file size and the resolution, etc.

Regardless of all this mumble-jumble, I'm expecting to publish what I have brewed together for the "original" (non-transcoded) files today.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dmdsoftware - 2014-11-21, 18:10
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12