Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2014-11-22, 16:36)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2014-11-22, 10:38)marslet Wrote:
(2014-11-22, 01:07)dmdsoftware Wrote: Is it running Android?
Yes
Quote: Do you see the problem with youtube as well?
Yes - just tested it

Quote:Which playback type are you using in settings?
Streaming
Quote:With Raspberry Pi, I had web streaming issues such as crashes randomly when streaming at random times during playback or crashing immediately after starting a video. It never crashed when playing back local or over samba. Working with developers for troubleshooting and it was deemed to be specific to HTTPS and was fixed. But it was particular to Raspberry Pi and any HTTPS stream (including youtube etc,) I haven't seen the problem in Raspberry Pi new 13.2 builds. What I learned was that it was a very complex issue and was the reason why I started caching files and playing back the cache files because, in that case, if you didn't stream within the XBMC lib itself, then the problem didn't occur. The Disk playback setting in 0.4.3 bypasses this. So if you try using this setting, it would indicate if your issue is related to streaming over HTTPS.
I've tested disk cache and memory cache with 0.4.3. With memory cache it still crashes. With disk cache on (local "sdcard" on the Fire TV) I haven't seen crashes but I've only tested a few times. Video starts ok but then the screen starts chopping. Perhaps after cache is empty.

Quote:Google streams only over HTTPS.

Any idea?
All your answers definitely hit upon the HTTPS problems.

Here is a specific thread about lib ssl issues on android -> https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3112

Its marked as fixed, so it is just a matter of figuring out what you need updated.

Where are you getting your XBMC from? It really sounds like you are not getting a patched version.

I'm running 13.2 Gotham for Android.

As proposed her:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...id=1800114

I have just:
1. Turn off both of the filters (mediacodec and libstagefright) under hardware acceleration.
2. Change hardware acceleration to software.
3. Enable 'allow multi thread software decoding

And until now it have been stable.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by marslet - 2014-11-22, 17:42
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12