Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2014-11-24, 13:14)hans01 Wrote: First off: great addon, thank you so much for your effort, this is greatly appreciated!

You have mentioned adding encryption somewhere in this thread. Could you describe what exactly you want to encrypt, and how this would be implemented?

I am very interested in this, as I don't want to store my media file unencrypted on Google Drive, but still would like to be able to stream them.

I've added some encryption routines to the 0.4.0 code base, but have disabled it while I test it.

It uses Python Crypto libraries with a user supplied salt and password to decrypt files stored in application-octet-stream filetype. For photos, it is no different then the current code where it caches the files to a local directory and it decrypts it as it writes the file to disk. For video and music, it is similar to the disk cache mode, the plugin downloads the file and decrypts as it writes it to disk, and it playsback the file as it downloads. I'm doing some serious digging around in the XBMC player classes to see if this can be improved on, to actually decrypt the content using XBMC's player. The disk cache method causes issues with subtitles.

The user can use any encryption script that uses the same encryption parameters. I have a simple python script that will create take a user's desired password, create a salt and use the combination to encrypt a local folder's content. User can use another script (I have both a perl and python script) to upload the files to their Google Drive. They can also use Google Drive client software or web app to uploaded the encrypted files. It just matters that the file type is application-octet-stream.

I typically use encfs to store my files I want secured in Google Drive. The idea is very similar here. As a matter of fact, with a few adjustments, the current disk cache method in the plugin could accommodate encrypted encfs files. After I've had more time to test both methods, I was going to post some videos demonstrating it. I don't see there really being much of a need or a practical implementation that would make this a default for a typical user.

(2014-11-24, 13:57)ashlar Wrote:
(2014-11-21, 23:38)dmdsoftware Wrote: Actually, I had it set at steps =1, but it made scrolling the slider slow, so I changed it to 5, but I was able to move inbetween numbers, such as set it to 4 and 7 etc. I'll change it back to step 1 for the next build. The step counter is the middle number in range for cache_percent in settings.xml

Code:
<setting id="cache_percent" type="slider" subsetting="true" label="30036" default="10" option="percent" visible="eq(-3,1)" range="0,5,100" />

Correct, changing the sizeDownload value indicated would dictate the minimum size to download when % = 0.
Hi, just wanted to remind you about this, since I still see it in 5% steps in 0.4.4. Depending on file size, 5% can definitely be too much. Smile

Didn't even dawn on me to include the change in the release. The release was a spur-of-the-moment after I encountered a "problematic" video on my Google Drive which drove me to debugging it and finding the playback issue around unplayable videos.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dmdsoftware - 2014-11-24, 14:25
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12