Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2015-01-08, 06:26)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 05:03)Nimious Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 03:53)dmdsoftware Wrote: Send me a private message with the name of the file (including type, MP4, MKV, AVI, etc), as well which version of the plugin you are using (0.5.1, 0.4.8, etc)

Actually I got it to work but not in a way that I expected. All I had to do was change the file name then the error no longer appeared. After that I could change the file name back to the original and it would still work.

Not sure why but yeah just reporting that.

I was on the latest stable 0.4.8 and it was a MKV file.

The majority of playback issues is the video is unprocessable by google (in that case, the streams will not be available but "original" playback will work -- "original" would be the only choice presented on stream selection screen). The other most common reason is something not nice in the title for the file. Because the title is passed along the way until the streams are fetched, if there is bad character or unicode issue with the title, then playback will fail. This issue is elevated in the 0.5+ release coming up as resourceID is being used instead.

The video had been long processed by Google for months actually and the stream worked fine yet the add-on would run into the error every time I tried playing it. Still changing the name to in my case "1", saving then renaming it back to the original title was enough to make it work.

I had the same error again on other video files shared to me. Doing what I did in the first problem did not work this time in that I could not rename it back to the same file name and have it work. However renaming to something without "+" kept in the title allowed it to work.

These errors are pretty strange to me but I'm looking forward to your newer versions that solve this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by Nimious - 2015-01-08, 07:55
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12