Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2015-01-04, 20:57)ashlar Wrote: Can't you do that by adding it as a favourite and then adding a shortcut to it in the homescreen?

(2015-01-03, 04:09)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 22:36)ashlar Wrote: Which features? Smile

First off, happy new year.

I spent the day forking off the code to a gdrive-testing and moved the code over. I'm going through right now making sure none of the API calls folks might be using are still working.

The fork over is more based on moving forward. Right away, it will enable building STRMs and multiple google accounts, which is pretty lack luster. It was easy enough to build STRMs from a list of content from Google Drive. For multiple accounts, it's also easier to just merge them using Google Drive sharing. So nothing ground breaking.

Moving forward, the API becomes modular, so moving to Google Drive API 2 becomes an easy task. Also, tacking on other Google APIs like YouTube and Photos can be just a matter of a few lines of code change.

More so, it's easier to add new features and make code changes with minimum breakage of existing features. It has been worthwhile investment that has been paying off on the Hive plugin.
Thanks for the explanation. And Happy New Year to you too.

I still hope that sooner or later you'll have the time to look into the seeking stuff. Theoretically all elements seem to be present to enable perfect seeking (while still downloading, I mean). That would be great for resuming more than anything else, once the library integration is done.

I might have to move up the work on the caching and seeking. I was doing work on the OneDrive plugin today, for the transcoding, and unlike Google's transcoding, Microsoft delivers the stream in segments and separate segments for video and audio. Adds to the complexity because stitching together stream segments would require overriding the player class (same discussion pertaining to seeking in google drive), but it puts it up a notch by also having to combine audio and video streams into one. Unless there is code somewhere that I'm not seeing, this would involve having to literally re-write the XBMC player logic. But if accomplished, could be used on this plugin as well -- to support encryption and seeking using stream segments.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dmdsoftware - 2015-01-10, 02:25
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12