Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2015-01-10, 16:09)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-01-10, 13:35)ashlar Wrote: Unfortunately, and much to my frustration, since I would really like to help you out if I could, I'm no programmer.

From other plugins, such as the old XBMC Torrent, I can imagine that XBMC, once it reads the header of a file, "knows" which bytes to ask for. Otherwise how could it handle streaming a 30+GB file via SMB, with perfect seeking? Even on a gigabit internal network, the file is not copied instantly. Google Drive supports requesting a file from a certain byte. Not being a programmer, I suppose that this should be all that's needed for having seeking implemented. But I might be missing something fundamental.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210752

I have played around with the seek option available through the transcoded streams by google. You can pass Google a time and the stream will start at that time. Override the player class, and when a user moves forward or back in the playback, you could, in theory, stop the stream and restart it at the new position chosen.

With OneDrive, I notice they send 2 initial packets down, one for initial segment for video and one for initial segment for audio. Then the actual content is sent down in subsequent packets, and you would need to stitch them together yourself. None of them is recognized as media content by any video playback software that I've used to play them back on.
To clarify, I was talking about seeking in the original versions of files. You can request a file from a specific byte through Google APIs, and XBMC has to know which bytes to ask for, otherwise how could it work with SMB?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by ashlar - 2015-01-17, 02:35
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12