Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
On various APIs, Google inserted a warning at the top saying that the API would stop working after April 20th. I know I use a bunch of third party services that use OpenID2 and when I authenticate with them, google injects a warning that OpenID2 support ends April 20th, and to advise the developer to upgrade. I don't use OAUTH2 in the plugins, but who knows exactly what is going to vanish. I use a lot of API routines that are not documented anyways (had to find them from reverse engineering) and because they are not documented, who knows if they will disappear.

This is why I wanted to quickly get to the modular format so that I can use other Google API implementations instead of the one. There are 5 APIs (Google Docs List v1-3, Google Drive REST v1-2) to access your Drive files, the more implementations you have, the more future-proof you become. Google Docs v3 has a warning of stop working on April 20. I use several API routines that actually work on both docs.google.com and drive.google.com, but because they are undocumented, I don't know if they'll continue to work under drive.google.com. Under the documentation from Google on migration details, they list suggest anything that works with drive.google.com should work. https://developers.google.com/drive/web/migration

My focus this little while it fixing/bringing back implementation from 0.4.* back to 0.5.* and future-proofing by adding additional modules to implement using the other Google APIs. I rely on playback of Google Drive content in XBMC on a daily basis. So far, of all cloud service providers, they have the best reliability, besides when they decide to retire APIs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dmdsoftware - 2015-03-15, 18:50
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12