Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2015-04-19, 07:59)dr_cure Wrote:
(2015-04-19, 05:10)dmdsoftware Wrote: New release:

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.5.16.zip

Version 0.5.16
- fix audio streaming issue by updating User Agent
-- Google Drive API 2 module - fix filesize sizing issue with caching
-- Google Drive API 2 module - optimizations for caching

I just tested the video cache playback between 0.4.8 and 0.5.16. A few issues/comments below. I'll test 0.5.17 now.

Thanks for all your help and hard work.

Setting - Using Disk Cache

Screen shows:
Opening Stream
Caching…
x% to download before playback
(Creates cache.mp4 file in temporary directory. Does a good job using the same cache file each time, so it doesn’t take up space when playing a different file )

1) Play+Cache options works now when selecting it from the video filename menu (like 0.4.8 above), but one issue.
(Creates filename.original, but since it’s a unique filename, it creates several cache files and takes up too much space. Is there a way to use the same cache file name or auto-delete it when stopping it to play? Also, I noticed sometimes the cache file is larger then the % set in the settings. Doesn’t always happen, but one time i noticed it almost downloading the whole 1.5gb video file vs. the 300mb 20% setting).

2) In the configure settings, I selected the options “Always cache for playback” and “Never transcode”, but when you select a video (just pressing it, not pulling up the menu), it appears to play the video without caching (ie. streaming the original file from Google drive, which tends to get buffer issues every few minutes). Shouldn’t using these settings default to Play+Cache?

Ideally what I would like is a cache file setting that is always used as a default (% to cache and a set as default option) that helps prevents pauses/buffering issues when streaming original HD files (never transcoded) from Google drive. We’re getting close.

I'll add back an option to use a single file instead of separate files.

For #2, one of the two must be override the other, so it ends up not behaving as instructed. Should be easy to track down.

Thanks for all the effort testing!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dmdsoftware - 2015-04-19, 15:57
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12