Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2015-04-20, 13:39)ashlar Wrote:
(2015-04-19, 22:04)dmdsoftware Wrote: Subtitles will be next new feature, followed by better playback controls (overriding default XBMC Player) and other features that I had previously started working on but never put into the public build (encryption, integration with Google Spreadsheets to manage content, etc).
When you say subtitles you mean the ability of your plugin to use .srt files (and similar) that reside on Google Drive? That would be great. Do you think it would be possible to have the subtitles plugin save the file remotely, on Drive, as well?

When you say better playback controls, and this gets me to my feature request as well, do you mean the ability to seek forward and backward or what else? Resuming would be infinitely cool too, probably even more than seeking (but I guess if you get one the other would come anyway).

Care to expand on what you have got planned for Google Spreadsheets and content management? The current .strm support works well with library but, if I'm not mistaken, doesn't update automatically with library update. Is this something you are trying to fix through Spreadsheets?

Thanks for all the awesome work! Smile

For the subtitles, if enabled, it would present a list of subtitle files that match the video file (found on your Google Drive), incase there are multiple languages. Secondary, Google transcoded streams have the ability to have subtitles embedded (like youtube) and this is the second piece that I'm still working on. I haven't played around with any of the subtitle plugins.

The better controls would hopefully help with the seeking. I noticed the default XBMC "resume" works some of the time -- sometimes on original files, sometimes on transcoded streams. The better controls will hopefully help. The method by which media is played back when you right-click on the "custom" play options, you lose some abilities, such as thumbnails, proper title, etc. These should be resolved. Even in terms of invoking via a STRM, you lose the thumbnail, something that hopefully be resolved with overriding the playback controls directly.

The spreadsheet would be integrating a TVScheduler plugin I was playing with, that let you create playlists and channels, that would be inherently synced between XBMC clients. Even with the XBMC library with STRM files, XBMC has an issue tracking watched status (or resume point), simply doesn't work for STRM files, so I end up watching series directly from the plugin. Would be nice to have some of the advanced features that XBMC provides, such as "watch the next episode in the series", etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dmdsoftware - 2015-04-20, 15:54
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12