http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...-0.6.2.zip

Version 0.6.2
- add player controls (player + window) -- testing
- override player playback (no longer displays "opening stream") -- testing
- fix playback default for never transcode + always cache
-- Google Drive API 2 module - add force cache to single file option
Version 0.6.1
- add encfs source + target support, decrypted folder support

Just did some extensive video testing on 0.6.2. See comments below. Thanks for all your hard work.

Version 0.6.2
- add player controls (player + window)
* It looks to be working. Not sure how I brought it up though.

- override player playback (no longer displays "opening stream")
* With smaller files, it's ok. But with larger files, there's a long pause and I think it's better to show a dialogue that it's opening the stream (otherwise it feels like XMBC is frozen).

- fix playback default for never transcode + always cache
* This is working fine now. Defaults when just selecting a video. The caching pop up shows fine as well when its caching (although it shows the filename.original).
* I tried the other settings like offline or download, but couldn't figure out where the file gets saved to. Maybe it's in the temporary directory where the cache is.
Perhaps a file download location setting is needed.
-- Google Drive API 2 module - add force cache to single file option
* I like this. It should actually be the default setting in my opinion. I noticed when you pull up the menu when it's playing though, it shows the filename as cache.mp4 (maybe you could show the original selected filename instead)
* Is there anyway to automatically delete the cache file after playing? Or give an option to delete it when exiting or option in the settings to auto delete it?
* Also, I realized the technique used for caching is really downloading the entire file. It's fine with smaller files, but I accidentally had the cache setting on when trying to play a large 8gb HD movie and I completely filled up my Fire TV stick and crashed Kodi (I tried to cancel the caching/downloading, but even though I hit cancel, it still downloaded until it crashed). Maybe put in a check routine of the amount of space available in the temp directory and if its too big, default to streaming with no cache & tell the user this is the case (or just say you can't cache this file b/c it's too big).
* Is there a way to make this a true fixed size buffer cache (i.e. 500mb or 15 seconds ahead) vs. downloading the whole file in the background and just playing it based on the % cache in the settings? This is important for other cloud storage plugins as GDrive is the fastest, but you really need some buffering for other ones like Onedrive. Is Amazon Cloud support with unlimited on the roadmap?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dr_cure - 2015-04-21, 08:48
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12