Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2015-05-04, 15:42)ashlar Wrote: Hi! Does the resume function work for "original files downloads" as well? Or is it just for transcoded (streamed) files?

It will send the directive to the player to seek ahead but I notice for original streams the player fails to move ahead in the file. The plugin will always try the seek, regardless of playback source, but if the player fails to (will display a warning in the xbmc.log about unable to seek), then it will start from the start. Original playback seems to be limited to a few seconds ahead due to the way the buffering happens with XBMC + Google Drive. That buffering issue doesn't exist for streams or for original quality through other cloud providers (OneDrive, etc).

Now that the code base is where I want it to be, I've been implementing new features in 0.6.x. I'm actively looking at that HTTP proxy idea that we discussed prior that could help resolve caching issues and this inability to seek issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dmdsoftware - 2015-05-04, 15:57
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12