Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2015-05-14, 04:44)Norin_Radd Wrote: Hi there!

I'm new here and I'm only a mere user, don't have much knowledge on IT.

I enjoy very much this addon, I used once but know is really becoming one of the best and intend to use it regularly.

I installed the testing version by the repo, i made the login, everything is fine, but i can't make use of some things.

I added several strm from google drive, movies video work just fine, went in the drive via addon created a strm file directly from a folder, defined the movies folder on settings, then added the folder to the library through video files, all went good, except it doesn't read my srt subtitle in the same folder with the same name, no big deal i have autosubs.

The problem i identified and didn´t manage was with series, i added a strm from a folder with subdirectories to my series folder of settings and added as source ex: seriesname -> seriesname - season 7 -> series.name.S07E01.HDTV.x264-TEAM.mp4.strm this is how it appears but this doesn´t add to the library nor it scrapes.

Ok maybe its bad construction of name file, don´t know, maybe someone could explain me.

The other issue is that when i added strm from gdrive it goes to the main folder on settings and then it goes to the series folder, when i did it, it was on the two locations but on the series folder there were no streams, so i add to do it manually on esexplorer (i have an android box), cut paste from default miscfolder to my series folder.

My idea was when adding strm you could pick on wich folder you want to add the strm file, is simpler and maybe avoid some bugs or noob issues like i had.

The other thing i couldn´t do was to add music to the music library, because there is no predefined folder to do so like for movies and series, so i named the misc folder musicgdrive stream and added the mp3 over there (it always add the strm files there for default i think).
So i set my music folder from pre defined gdrive folder and entering there the mp3.strm plays but i didn´t manage to add them despite off clicking on add to the library. Like in the series i added a folder with: band -> ( album1 ->mp3.strm + album2 -> mp3.strm ).

Is it possible to add music to the library?

Another cool feature was to upload to gdrive, because many addons enable downloading, so maybe we could upload media files and srt also, but i think that might be almost impossible i guess.

Everyone asked about photos and no one about mp3 and music, i think this is very important on a media center, having videos, music and photos would be great.

thanks for considering my first and hope helpful post.

I believe Series Names \ Season # \ filename is what the KODI scanner is looking for. If you input a directory location in TV Shows in the settings, it will try to create TV Show .STRM files in this directory structure for you. Otherwise, you can create the folder structure yourself. The filename looks ok.

I haven't tried scanning into the library music, so I am not aware of the directory structure required.

Messages In This Thread
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dmdsoftware - 2015-05-14, 14:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12